Search results

1. Edwardh1

PEX near electric water heater

Maybe old question, my plumber installed PEX close to my new AO smith electric tank heater. Right up to the short nipples that come out the top of the heater. Is that OK? I read this in a 2010 california building code (maybe a draft version): 604.11.2 Water Heater Connections. [Not...
  2. Edwardh1

What to do? 1 element: no juice; 1 element: literally burned

my 2008 rheum looked the same, lots of water from condensation I think where is this heater? under house?
  3. Edwardh1

Rinnai code 14 help

they have 13 things to do statements, some are overheat
  4. Edwardh1

Electric heater off when you are on travel?

Do you cut the electric water heater breaker off and shut off the water to your house when you go off for a few days or a week? My house water shut off is easy and accessible, breaker is too (of course)
  5. Edwardh1

The downside to slow draining showers

wow so many reasons for using a high quality pre made / factory made shower "pan"
  6. Edwardh1

Any plumbing store ever had models on display to flush?

Read some of the toilet reviews and there were comments on how quiet the toilet was or was not. Has there ever been a toilet store that had a few toilets installed in the display area that you could actually flush to see the noise level bowl wetting etc? seems if you had 4 or 5 most popular...
  7. Edwardh1

CST704 vs Entrada

seems toto would drop that model (704) if they still sell it
  8. Edwardh1

CST704 vs Entrada

I think the local plumbing supply store said the entrada was white only and one height only. at under $200. Cant remember what the drake was, maybe in the low $300? Price with out seats I think. I think their whole lineup is confusing.
  9. Edwardh1

CST704 vs Entrada

in my city there is a big price difference btw the entrada and the drake- what causes the price difference? seems both are a Porcelain casting with similar internals?
  10. Edwardh1

Package heat pump vs gas pack -costs vs each other to buy

most are gas heaters and electric air conditioners
  11. Edwardh1

Package heat pump vs gas pack -costs vs each other to buy

if your house has a 3 ton gas pack ( a package unit in the yard that has a gas furnace in it and a electric air conditioner) which is the cheaper to buy ? or are they about the same . Not to operate but to buy? if the heat exchanger in the gas pack dies can you replace just that?
  12. Edwardh1

Main natural gas shut off bleeding?

can you have your own shut off valve downstream of the meter?
  13. Edwardh1

Are kitchen sink "tailpieces" standard

I was not too clear I am not asking about the size of the pipe that carrys the water away (say 1 14 or 1 1/2) but I am asking about the part that fits and touches the sink itself typically held in by plumbers putty. It the size of that part standard? i e has not changed since 1957
  14. Edwardh1

Are kitchen sink "tailpieces" standard

we are looking to rennovate moms 1957 home, it has a double side porcelain kitchen sink, the metal pieces (what are they called? its the piece that you would put the stopper into) (Basket) that are where the water drains out at sink bottom where it connects to the undersink plumbing both look...
  15. Edwardh1

stop valve hard to close

Moms house. Toilet stop valve is hard to close. It wont turn. a pro plumber replaced the wax ring 6 months ago so I know the valve will open/close. I am cautious , I want to turn the water off, as house unoccupied for a while. Should I try a channel lock plyer on the oval stop valve "head" or...
  16. Edwardh1

Stackable washer and dryer

Merica needs to redesign the hookups for washers and dryers.
  17. Edwardh1

is there a TOTO for dummys?

great , thanks!!!!
  18. Edwardh1

is there a TOTO for dummys?

for a company that otherwise has it together , do they have too many choices in toilet types? . like the flush system choices on the product page what? 7 choices or more dual cyclone g max etc etc If I buy one are there a top one two or three to choose from? Id want long bowl, 14 0r 15 inch...
  19. Edwardh1

are US toilet makers asleep?

maybe this but I dont have that spec from watersense web site depending upon whether it can successfully and completely clear all test media from the fixture in a single flush in at least four of five attempts. Flush performance testing shall be conducted in accordance with the waste extraction...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks