Search results

1. MaplesonD

Helping a neighbor put together a softener they want to self-install - supply sources?

I am helping a close neighbor with information on water softeners. They've gotten a few quotes and to save money, they want to self-install (pretty handy with plumbing, etc.) The system will be pretty simple, sediment filter (looking at the atlas hydra spindown) & water softener components. Is...
  2. MaplesonD

Update on Brine refill problems, more questions

Hey guys, Here's my previous post where I asked about how to troubleshoot my problem with unsuccessful brine tank refill. At that point I was too focused on the float mechanism even though you correctly told me that had nothing to do with it. After manually putting water in the brine tank after...
  3. MaplesonD

Not using salt, brine well doesn't seem to fill?

Hey guys, I recently noticed that I havn't been using much salt and finally tested my water and realized the softener isn't doing its job. I did a manual regeneration cycle (fleck 7000sxt) and it didn't throw any errors that I'm aware of, but looking in the brine tank, the float was all the way...
  4. MaplesonD

Silica etching glasses

Hey guys, We installed a water softener a few years ago and it immediately improved our issues with scale and hardness. We then had all of our glasses turn cloudy with an etched appearance (not sure the timing, but a couple years after the softener was in operation I'd guess). They did not...
  5. MaplesonD

Big blue sediment filter cap Backwards? other questions

Hey guys, I got my water softener installed ~3 years ago with a lot of research and help from this forum. Immediately after it was installed, we had great results, I could see the hard water in the dishwasher element clear away after a few washes, stains stopped forming on countertops, etc. We...
  6. MaplesonD

Hydrotech 765 control valve?

Hey guys, I know this is a DIY forum, but I have decided to have a pro do my water softener installation. I have been putting it off for a while and just need to get it done. The guy was a recommendation from one of the members here. I keep reading about how good Fleck valves are, specifically...
  7. MaplesonD

Ignorant, can you guys help me get started on water softening ?

Hey, I have been searching around for information about water softening. We just moved into a house that is on a community well and I know that we have hard water. I'm not exactly sure where to start. Here are some questions: First, is there a FAQ or something where I might go for water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks