Search results

1. Tickridgescott

When submersible pump runs my house is noisy

We have a small house. 86 gallon pressure tank (about 23 gallon drawdown@ 35-55 psi). When pump cuts in the hum of the motor/water entering tank is loud throughout the house. Not terrible, but a minor annoyance. Can I do anything to quiet this? I THINK it is the tank but maybe the pipes...
  2. Tickridgescott

Do Pumps usually have a warranty?

I am wondering if submersible pumps usually have a warranty. I bought one this past fall and installed it. I was still building the house at the time and the pump did not run hardly at all till three weeks ago when moved in. A couple days ago we stopped getting water. It is in a cistern so...
  3. Tickridgescott

got the pump out today - now...

I removed the submersible 2 wire 230 volt pump from the cistern at the spring tonight. I want to fill up a 50 gallon garbage can and try to run it (cycling the water back into the can). Will this ruin the pump? The pump is a 4 gallon per minute 1/2 HP 2 wire pump 230 v. Betta Flo Pump. My...
  4. Tickridgescott

pump sounds locked up.

I have a submersible pump inside of a 300 gallon holding tank at my spring. It's been in for 2 weeks and was running fine until today. It now makes a loud sound and comes on for 20 seconds and then shuts off by itself (obviously the thermal overload protection). I am going to have to go down...
  5. Tickridgescott

relief valve plumbing

I have a relief valve (75 psi) hooked near my pressure tank. I want to know if I can plumb it directly into the waste line. Someone told me that it may introduce bacteria into the potable water system. I have a central drain located on the floor of the utility room several feet away from...
  6. Tickridgescott

insulating underground water line

the water line i am burying from my spring to the cisterns should be 16" deep in my area. In some places I am only able to trench down 6 inches because of VERY HARD ground/rock. I need to make sure this does not freeze. Anybody know of a way to do this. It's probably 200 feet of line where...
  7. Tickridgescott

BOB (speedbump)

Bob, I just wanted to say thanks very much for your efforts to straighten out the mis-order from the manufacturer. FYI to others on this forum: I joined this forum several months ago to do research before installing my water system at the property where I am building our house. I recently...
  8. Tickridgescott

Cycle Stop

Could i benefit from a cycle stop valve even though i have only a 1/2 hp submersible? I just installed it a couple months ago (wished I would have learned about csv's before or i would have installed a 1 hp pump). Still, we do plan on irrigating, etc some garden stuff where water could run for...
  9. Tickridgescott

choosing a submersible pump

I am needing a submersible pump to install in my 325 gallon catchment basin from my spring at the bottom of the ravine (200 feet below the house cistern). The 5GS05422R 1/2 hp 2 wire, 230 volt goulds pump (recommended by the tech help after I described my situation) is like 593.00 plus 20.00...
  10. Tickridgescott

check valves

I am going to install a submersible pump in a spring catchment cistern about 200 to 220 feet below the holding cistern right outside the house. The overall run is 1300 feet but the elevation difference is about 200 to 220 feet. I am running 1" 200 PSI Black PE water pipe. Gould's pump techs...
  11. Tickridgescott

1300 foot pe water pipe

Hi, I am going to develop a spring on my property. I have to run PE black water pipe approximately 1300 feet. (220 foot up from the spring area to the cistern at the house. I am going to install a submersible pump in the catchment cistern near the spring. My quesiton is water diameter pipe...
  12. Tickridgescott

Developing a spring into a water source - pumping

We found a spring on our property today - very nice flow. We will be watching it this summer but seems to put out about 1/2 gal per minute. Here is my question.... The spring is about 1350 feet away from the cisterns (near the house). Elevation is about 70 feet below the cisterns. Would 1...
  13. Tickridgescott

piping material in cistern from pump to exit

I will be installing my submersible pump in the cistern next week. I will be laying in at a 15 to 20 degree angle down on concrete blocks near the bottom, inside of a 4" pvc flow sleeve (per the tech staff at Goulds). I have 1 1/4" outlet at the side of the cistern tank near the top. I...
  14. Tickridgescott

Running a submersible pump off generator

I will be installing my submersible goulds pump in my cistern this weekend. I will finally have running water after 2 years. I am building this summer and need water - especially for when we do the stucco work in a few weeks. I have ran off a 5500 watt honda powered coleman generator this...
  15. Tickridgescott

Harmsco Filters Questions for Bob

Hi Bob, I am wondering if you could please tell me the model numbers for the filters from Harmsco you were telkling me about. In particular: 1. The basic sediment filter you were telling me about that would run through a 'big blue' housing. And how long this filter usually lasts, and...
  16. Tickridgescott

chlorine test kit

Hi BoB, Thanks for talking with me this morning. I had a question regarding the(Hach) chlorine test kit. I didn't order the one you mentioned because i couldn't figure out if I needed extra 'tester strips' or something like that that I saw on the usabluebook site. Can you tell me a little...
  17. Tickridgescott

Water Treatment options

I will be using water off my metal roof into a cistern and a year down the road or so I will also be adding water from a small spring on my property into that cistern. As far as water treatment, I want to get something like reverse osmosis under the kitchen sink for drinking water and cooking...
  18. Tickridgescott

PE water pipe- can i make repairs underground

hi, i am wondering if it is permittable to make an underground repair (using a brass or galvanized barbed coupling with 1.25" PE black water pipe? any suggestions on how i can do this?
  19. Tickridgescott

Repairing Pe Black Water Pipe Underground

I am connecting up my water system and did a pressure test on the incoming line from the cistern to the house. Last year when i connected the 1.25" black Plastic water pipe from the cistern I hooked on to the galvanized Barbed fitting with the black pipe. At that time I did not know how to...
  20. Tickridgescott

cistern/ spring water system for house

Hi. I am trying to understand how to best put together a water system for my house on our property. I am in the process of building our small house right now and don't have pressurized water. Currently, I have a 5000 gallon cistern installed. Cistern is approximately 58" in height (58...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks