Search results

1. stanbasie

Copper Pipe Sizing and Fixture Calculations

Hi, I've tried to test my understanding of water supply, fixtures, and this handy sizing chart by doing a hypothetical replumb (copper) for my home. I'm hoping that more experienced folks can tell me how I did. Notes: It's a small house, so I'm pretty sure everything falls well under the...
  2. stanbasie

Split/Merged Supply to Water Heater?

It's a small one-bath home, and both the existing copper and the service line appear to be 3/4". Thanks for the chart--Is this a just matter of adding up fixture demand and making sure the upstream pipe meets the minimum size for the cumulative sum? Does the water heater have any additional...
  3. stanbasie

Thank you! This makes sense now, and knowing what to call it is already making the internet search easier. Of course I want to replace that galvanized (color key is lower left of diagram, btw), but is it advisable to retain this balancing loop? Would my shower pressure go down if this loop...
  4. stanbasie

Hello, I'm trying to understand my plumbing, and I'm confused by the cold water supply to the water heater. It appears that some work was done at some point to run copper to the water heater (presumably for the health of the appliance), but it also seems the old run of galvanized (still...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks