Copper Pipe Sizing and Fixture Calculations

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by stanbasie, Jun 27, 2014.

1. stanbasie

stanbasie New Member

Hi,

I've tried to test my understanding of water supply, fixtures, and this handy sizing chart by doing a hypothetical replumb (copper) for my home. I'm hoping that more experienced folks can tell me how I did.

Notes:

• It's a small house, so I'm pretty sure everything falls well under the 80-foot threshold.
    • For simplicity, the diagram combines the laundry sink+washer as well as the kitchen sink+dishwasher.
    • The service line is 3/4".
    • The main cold water run to the water heater is already plumbed in 3/4" copper, which is why I kept that sizing even though I calculated the total units (20) to be slightly over the limit of 19. (Is this okay?)

Thanks in advance for any feedback, corrections, suggestions, or additional reading...

Water pipe sizing, UPC

Water Supply Plan.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014