Search results

1. JohnyChevyEG

Toilet is not flushing correctly.

I added a new floor to my kids bathroom, and after putting the toilet back on with a new wax ring, solids will not flush. I tried a couple different rings, and the same situation is happening. The floor was raised about 1/2 to 3/4 inch, so I got one of those extender rings because they claim...
  2. JohnyChevyEG

Painting trim, baseboards, and kitchen cabinets.

Team, I am about to take on the task of painting all the trim, and kitchen cabinets in my house. Currently the trim is a stain, with a shiny surface coat of something, i'm not 100 percent sure, i'm not a painter expert. The kitchen cabinets are the same I believe. Whats the best way to go...
  3. JohnyChevyEG

New question about hot water heater!!! Sorry for all the questions!

Folks, I have a question about the hot water heater hookups. I have one that is copper to the water heater, and that is the hot water, and the cold supply pipe ends up in a threaded connection where a fiber type hose is going to the cold water. Should I take that out and make it a copper...
  4. JohnyChevyEG

Soldering copper pipe, and misc.

I have pretty good experience soldering electrical devices, so I didn't think soldering copper would be too much different. After having tried it today, I dont know if I'm doing it right. All the internet research states to apply flame to the fitting, and remove before applying solder. I...
  5. JohnyChevyEG

copper pipe inside, or outside vapor barrier?

I have cut out a section of the existing basement wall, and there is a sheet of plastic between the drywall, and the studs. One of the drain pipes is on the outside of this sheet between the concrete wall, and the sheet. Can I put my copper pipe there? What about the insulation that is there...
  6. JohnyChevyEG

Putting a false floor over basement concrete

I'm thinking about putting a false floor on top of 2 X 4's in a new bathroom. I would like to just add this to half of the bathroom and make a step up type thing for the sink and toilet. What is the best way to go about this? SHould I first drill the flat side into the concrete and then add 2...
  7. JohnyChevyEG

Toilet drain size question.

Currently, my basement bathroom is stubbed with 3 inch ABS. The floor is concrete, and I will be setting the toilet on some vinyl tile over the concrete. I bought a flange that fits over the 3 inch pipe, but I'm not sure that there is going to be enough clearance from the pipe to the conrete...
  8. JohnyChevyEG

Laying pipe in the bathroom.

I have sort of a weird configuration, and I was wondering if anyone has heard of running copper pipe on the outside of a wall, along the floor. This is just a pipe going to go to a toilet. I will use clamps to keep it sturdy, and no one will be stepping on it. This way, I dont have to rip out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks