Search results

1. Cuznbass

I'm not getting results with the Hach 5B

I bought a Hach 5B just to periodically test my water hardness. I know that my GPG is usually around 32. I got the test kit today and tested the water but the water never turned from pink to blue no matter how many drops were administered. The instructions and the process are both extremely...
  2. Cuznbass

Water not reaching salt in brine tank; no soft water.

No, the water coming out of the faucets after a regeneration is grey. There's very fine sediment in the sink after I empty it. When I fill a glass with the water it looks like smoke is rolling around in it. It's cool as hell to look at but obviously there's a problem. At this point I'm...
  3. Cuznbass

I agree that cleaning is a necessary step. But I'm curious if the settings are part of the insanely discolored water. Would this be considered "salt residue?"
  4. Cuznbass

This is a new problem with an existing softener. I wish I could be more helpful on describing the size of the softener and all other settings but I'm not very fluent in the language of softeners. The best I can describe is the tank is approximately 42 inches high and 10 inches wide. I should...
  5. Cuznbass

The pickup tube is on the bottom and I do have a salt platform. Is there a certain height the pickup tube should be?
  6. Cuznbass

I don't know where to begin with this reply but I'll try. I turned the refill control up and turned the cam to refill and more water did flow into the brine tank. I then did a manual regeneration and all of the water was drawn out. It still did not refill to the proper level at the end of the 2...
  7. Cuznbass

I don't know where to begin with this reply but I'll try. I turned the refill control up and turned the cam to refill and more water did flow into the brine tank. I then did a manual regeneration and all of the water was drawn out. It still did not refill to the proper level at the end of the 2...
  8. Cuznbass

I don't know where to begin with this reply but I'll try. I turned the refill control up and turned the cam to refill and more water did flow into the brine tank. I then did a manual regeneration and all of the water was drawn out. It still did not refill to the proper level at the end of the...
  9. Cuznbass

It looks like it's just underneath the salt platform.
  10. Cuznbass

I have an Autotrol that runs through the regeneration process fine but it does not fill the tank up high enough to reach the salt at the end of the regeneration. Obviously, no brine is being drawn back into the softener. Everything works fine when I manually add water to the brine tank. What...
  11. Cuznbass

No clue what I'm doing other than trying to save $$$$

I have a softener that is on it's last lap and may not finish. I have been quoted some outrageous prices on new systems that I just can't possibly afford. As I understand it, I have an Autotrol Series 155 Control with a 460MP timer. I don't know anything about tank size or if it matters in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks