Search results

1. mikewags

Above Ground Well Pump Cracked in the Cold

Pressure gauge has gone back down to 0 since things have thawed out. Any help/direction of a new pump to by would be greatly appreciated. I'm just looking for something comprable to this pump to do the job - this is just for yard irrigation/sprinklers - and there is a 30 gallon pressure tank in...
  2. mikewags

As it stands now this pump is toast correct? I'm not trying to sound cheap or anything, but was wondering if that crack could be welded back up. I will probably be buying a new one/replacement - but I guess I'm just wondering if this thing is a paper weight now (an ancient paper weight).
  3. mikewags

Yeah, i didn't notice that crack until I saw a puddle of water under the pump yesterday. Really sucks because the thing was working fine all summer long. I really should have prepared for this weather better. What do you think I will spend to replace this with a comparable pump? This cold snap...
  4. mikewags

The title says it all - i believe my well pump under extreme cold cracked because it had water inside. Took some photos. Based on the photos am i out of luck? Need to replace the whole pump? Any information/advice would help. Thanks
  5. mikewags

HELP! Burst Pipe between my Well Pump and Pressure tank. What do i do?

I removed the valve, it was frozen inside those pipes as well. Attached a 1/2" to 3/4" adapter + hose, ran the hose outside. Will need to thaw this area of pipes and see if it begins to drain out. Wondering if the water in the tank might of frozen as well...I know i had a chicken waterer...
  6. mikewags

Holy crap you're right (smacks forehead)... Well, will just have to unscrew it and see if i can drain the water that way. Once i get this sorted, i'll attach a spigot where the relief valve is.
  7. mikewags

Heres that pressure relief valve - i could open this up to drain the water from here right? Theoretically i could also just unscrew this valve and drain that way (at least i'd have room to catch it) ...
  8. mikewags

I'll try via that pressure valve i installed on the pressure tank side.
  9. mikewags

Thanks for the quick response guys. I will get the necessary parts to cut this out and replace. A little more info, this doesn't connect to my house - its simply an irrigation pump for the yard/garden. The pump hasnt been on during any of this time, i had the power to the pump cut to prepare...
  10. mikewags

Hi all, new member here. Temperatures have been at records low lately, -12 the other night! I've been checking my pipes and all is well in the house, but my barn has a room with the well pump and well pressure tank stored there. There is a wall between the pump room, and another room that has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks