Search results

1. noob666

Slow leak Different location

Left it for 2 days, had no seepage and this morning I had some, seems strange to me. Why isn't it leaking all the time? With the sani seal, homedepot.com sells it but homedepot.ca where I am does not. I bought an extra thick wax ring. This is what my flange looks like. I think its a lead...
  2. noob666

Ok, here's a bit of an update. Before leaving my house before work, I placed some fresh pieces of tissue. Initially I could see just a bit of wetness. Came back after work and the pieces of tissue were bone dry. Flushed it a few times and didn't see any water seep into the tissue. As for...
  3. noob666

When the flange is level with the floor. When I put the toilet with the wax ring on there was about an iphone's gap before pushing down on it. I get mixed reactions on the saniseal. There is a hint of color on the tissue so obviously somethings not sealed right. I will try the saniseal if I can...
  4. noob666

Could I have a crack some where on the bottom I couldn't see? I put some food coloring and flushed a few times. Also when the toilet above me is flushed I can see the water in the bowl move a bit and level goes down a bit.
  5. noob666

Installed a new toilet recently and have had some leaking issues. Please note the 2 pieces of tissue. Initially it would leak around where the bolt was. Redid wax ring and now it leaks on a different spot as shown in the picture. I did check for cracks on the bottom of the toilet before redoing...
  6. noob666

Multiple problems after replacing fill and flush valve

You mean I should replace the flush valve again? Or is there something I can do without taking the tank off again?
  7. noob666

I used a fluidmaster complete toilet repair kit. I have read somewhere if I put petroleum jelly around the flapper and valve seat it would guarantee a good seal. Any thoughts?
  8. noob666

I have tried the turning of the supply to the tank while at work, came home and there was water to about the level of the flapper. That is what made me try 3 different flappers and still the same issues. They have all been the kind that is pictured in my tank, some with a dial and some with out...
  9. noob666

Its smooth, no roughness. I thought weak flush was caused by there being less water too at first, but I have filled up the tank and still get a weak flush? But would extra water being in the bowl cause an improper flush? When gently pull on flapper I can feel resistance so I assume this means...
  10. noob666

What should I be feeling for on the seat? I suppose you mean the black tube the flapper sits on. Yes my refill tube is held over the overflow tube by a white clip. Yeah my toilet fills up 1/4" below that blue line. I had just filled it up manually with a bottle to play around with it. And its an...
  11. noob666

I had a crack in the overflow tube and some water hammer when toilet tank refilled. Replaced both items with new gaskets and washers. Water hammer was gone and toilet fills up faster. I know the chain for flapper isn't getting stuck, water isn't leaking on floor. Before I did all this the toilet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks