Search results

1. jkats

Stub out too short...

Thanks for the suggestion Sylvan. I tried the split escutcheon but it was a little too thick. Maybe I'll try to file it down a bit.
  2. jkats

Stub out too short...

Finishing off a bathroom remodel and realized the stub out for the toilet supply line is too short. With the escutcheon in place, there's not enough pipe to install the stop valve. If I remove the escutcheon I can install the stop valve, but there is not enough room left to use even a retrofit...
  3. jkats

Fleck 7000sxt - constant trickle from drain

Thanks dittohead. Any recommendation on best place to purchase parts?
  4. jkats

Fleck 7000sxt - constant trickle from drain

Hi all. Several years ago (with help of many of you) I installed several water softeners with the Fleck 7000sxt valve - for myself and several relatives. The other day, we noticed a constant trickle of water coming out of the drain of the softener I installed at my uncle's house. The trickle is...
  5. jkats

Problems replacing a rusted out toilet flange...

Quick follow-up question. I ended up getting the Sioux Chief 887-AM, which is the non-gasketed (glue-in) flange. I'm not sure if this is a problem, but the flange seems to fit pretty loosely in the pipe (there is actually a bit of wiggle room). Every other time I've cemented ABS or PVC pipe, the...
  6. jkats

Thanks Reach4 - I will order one of those and give it a shot.
  7. jkats

Hi all, I'm in the middle of a bathroom renovation, and when I removed my toilet I saw that the metal ring on the flange was rusted out, so I removed it. I have not removed the rest of the flange, which is fitted over the the 4" ABS drain pipe (see pic). I will be tiling the concrete floor...
  8. jkats

Problem with auto-shutoff float...

Thanks Dittohead - I cut off 5 inches and all is well!
  9. jkats

My BLFC is .25, so looks like I'm good there. The bottom of my float is about 13 or 14 inches off the bottom of the tank.
  10. jkats

Hi all, I'm running into a minor problem with an install I did for a relative several months ago. The softener has a Fleck 7000sxt, 3.0 ft3 of resin, and an 18x33 brine tank. I used the following settings: DF Gal VT Df2b CT Fd C 72 H 23 RS sf SF 10 DO 14 RT 2:00 BW 10 BD 60 B2...
  11. jkats

Drain line on a Fleck 7000SXT w/ 5gpm DLFC...

Hi guys. I'm currently installing a couple of water softeners with Fleck 7000 SXT valves and 3.0 cubic ft of resin (14"x65" tanks). I was advised to use 3/4" pvc for the drain lines since they use a larger DLFC (the button says "500"). However, in one of the installs, the builders of the house...
  12. jkats

Question regarding connecting a softener

Well, I called the county building dept. (ventura county in socal) and was told no pvc indoors. Believe it or not, none of my local hardware stores sell cpvc (only lowes has a very limited selection). At this point, I'm thinking of going PEX. Not the cheapest since I'll have to spring for the...
  13. jkats

Drain line size question...

Thanks Dittohead! That's exactly what I needed to know. It's 9' up, so shouldn't be a problem. I didn't even think to use pvc - that'll save me some $$!
  14. jkats

Drain line size question...

I'm currently installing a Fleck 7000SXT 3.0 cubic foot system in a 14x65" tank. The DLFC button says 500 (I assume that's 5.0 gpm). Should I use 1/2" tubing or 3/4" for the drain line, or does it even matter? Not sure if this will makes a difference, but I need to run the drain line overhead...
  15. jkats

Visited a couple hardware stores today - my local home depot doesn't carry any CPVC, and lowes carries only a limited selection! Gonna try another store a little farther away tomorrow. Btw, I was looking at PEX as an option, but I noticed the inner diameter of 1" PEX is considerably smaller...
  16. jkats

Thanks guys - great advice! I'll see if I can find out from the county building department on monday. pvc would definitely save me some money.
  17. jkats

The pipes are terminated with 1" female threaded adapters. I was hoping to extend the adapters on the softener side with PVC, since that would be an easy and cheap fix, but from what cacher_chick says, apparently PVC isn't up to code for indoor water. I could use CPVC, PEX, or copper, but that...
  18. jkats

The only problem is I'm installing this for a relative and the house is a rental, so I don't want to modify the existing pipes. Do I have any other options, other than springing for the 36" falconstainless connectors at $100?
  19. jkats

Hi guys, So I'm about to install a 14x65" tank. The bypass inlet/outlet are 71" high, and the inlet/outlet on my softener loop is at 48" (both horizontal). That's a difference of 23". I have a pair of falcon stainless connectors but they are way too short. A new pair of 1" connectors long...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks