Drain line size question...

Users who are viewing this thread

jkats

Reaction score
I'm currently installing a Fleck 7000SXT 3.0 cubic foot system in a 14x65" tank. The DLFC button says 500 (I assume that's 5.0 gpm). Should I use 1/2" tubing or 3/4" for the drain line, or does it even matter? Not sure if this will makes a difference, but I need to run the drain line overhead for about 50' as well.

Also, since I'm running the line overhead, is there anything special I need to do? Can I run it straight up from the valve, or should I drop the line down first before going up (kinda like a p-trap). Might be a dumb question, but as you can probably tell I know little about plumbing :eek: (I'm learning fast though!).

Thanks!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Consdiering the length, code, etc, run the drain line in 3/4" PVC. it is cheap, simple, quick, etc. The main concern about the drain line is to not run it to far down, or too far up. To far across... not a problem. No more than 10' high without consulting us on how to do it, not more than 10' below the softener without a vacuum break.

jkats

Reaction score
Thanks Dittohead! That's exactly what I needed to know. It's 9' up, so shouldn't be a problem. I didn't even think to use pvc - that'll save me some $$!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks