Drain line on a Fleck 7000SXT w/ 5gpm DLFC...

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by jkats, Jun 3, 2013.

1. jkats

jkats New Member

Hi guys. I'm currently installing a couple of water softeners with Fleck 7000 SXT valves and 3.0 cubic ft of resin (14"x65" tanks). I was advised to use 3/4" pvc for the drain lines since they use a larger DLFC (the button says "500"). However, in one of the installs, the builders of the house supplied a "drain" next to the softener loop, and it's a 1/2" copper pipe. It's a finished garage, with no other drains around that I can see, so I'd rather not have to hack into the walls. Will using this 1/2" drain cause a problem with this size softener?

Thanks!

2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    You will be just fine. The 5 GPM is under the 8-10 FPS for 1/2" copper pipe. Larger diameter drain lines on softeners can often times reduce the systems noise slightly.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jkats

jkats New Member

cool - thanks dittohead!