Search results

1. fhorta

Mastercool vibrates

Hello. My mastercool which sits on the roof vibrates on high speed and makes some house windows vibrate too. I might describe it as more of a shake than vibrate. It just started doing this. Recently I heard a noise and when I checked it a fan blade had broken off the fan. Coild It be that one...
  2. fhorta

Need help with sprinkler wiring

Don't know if this helps. Right now I put back the old solenoid . Basically I had one of the wires from new solenoid to a yellow wire coming from the controller and the other solenoid wire going to the rest of the cluster of wires coming from the other solenoids. The common wire coming from the...
  3. fhorta

Need help with sprinkler wiring

Hello. I just recently replaced orbit sprinkler solenoid due to wires on solenoid were broken. guess from being old. I rewired, I thought the same way it was but now as soon as I plug in the timer that sprinkler comes on...the solenoid activates. It makes a bussing sound and gets pretty warm...
  4. fhorta

mastercool plus thermostat

hi. t stat on mastercool is not working properly. one day the fan just it came.on by itself. now the only way to turn it off is by turning off at the main circuit breaker box. Also the only way I can turn it off. water pump and speed can still be.controlled by t stat. t stat is tekelek brand...
  5. fhorta

Slow shower drain

I did stick snake through drain hole, but dont go in much either. I found vent pipe on roof for bathtub. Stuck snake through, the whole 25 ft and did pull out a gunk of hair. Turned on water but still slow to drain. Plugged cleanout hole with plastic bags, used plunger couple of times, and...
  6. fhorta

Slow shower drain

I have a slow shower drain. Home built 1950's. Has many vents on roof, probably has one dedicated to the shower. I tried sticking in one of those manual drain snakes that are 1/4" in through the clean out in the bath tub but it only goes in about 2 to 3 ft and goes no further. I pulling nothing...
  7. fhorta

Replacing galvanized water pipes with PEX

Ok, that sounds more how i was planning. Im a bit confused still about the drilling. I get the need to have to enlarge the fixture hole, but that wouold be it i think The existing piping does not go through anything under the house..it just hangs via bracket which is screwed in on wooden...
  8. fhorta

yeah, i would definitely give it a shot if i had the time. about drilling holes though, if i were to do it myself, as i had considered, i was thinking of just using same holes already there from existing pipes. in other words, i was just thinking of replacing pex for pipe, following same pattern...
  9. fhorta

Plumber quoted Me at $2000 for doing all the repiping with pex. He said he would use 1" trunk then 3/4" b ranches and 1/2" to the fixtures. So he will replace washer, two showe rs, two toilets, two bathroom sinks, one kitchen sink, one bathtub, and of course both hot and cold on all. The...
  10. fhorta

Wow! I never heard ofa homerun system before compared to a trunk and branch system. Had to reread post couple of times; makes sense. He didnt specify what installation but i will definitely bring it up. This is why i wanted to ask you guys to be somewhat "armed" when talking about work to be...
  11. fhorta

Thanks to all for replies. I reside in central california, so extreme cold weather i dont think would be problem and pex would be under house so protected from sun. A local plumber (licensed) is quoting me at $500 for pex and $1000 for copper. I have two bathrooms with two showers, bathtub in...
  12. fhorta

Hello, Just wanted some general guidance/info. My home currently has the old galvanized pipes. This is a problem because the water pressure in the house is weak, and much weaker when two faucets turn on at the same time. Even if the toilet water is refilling after flushing, have to wait till...
  13. fhorta

kitchen sink, dishwasher drain backed up

I think i got it. The mini-rooter i used did not have forward gear. So i just pushed in snake manually as far as it would go then turned on rooter on reverse of course and manually continued to push snake in. I was worried a reverse Action might not do the job but i guess as long as your pushing...
  14. fhorta

how much is snake and drum worth?

Well, glad i didnt do that. Got $80 for it!
  15. fhorta

Ok thanks. I will give it a try.
  16. fhorta

Kitchen sink is backed up. I guess dishwasher and kitchen sink share same drain (also next to each other). Dishwasher also gets backed up. There is a clean out access outside the house directly in front of kitchn sink. When i first opened it it had lots of grease looking blob, if that makes...
  17. fhorta

Thanks. From what i found out the motor is about $75. Not sure about fixing it, i dont know much bout this. Also, i found out its not a cobra, but a mini-rooter. I just want a ball park figure how much it be worth without motor. The guy is asking $100 for gorlits. Thanks
  18. fhorta

Hi all. Just a quick question. Wondering how much a cobra drum and snake are worth? The motor is messed up. It wont go forward but does reverse. It has pedal and the snake is 50 ft. Its all metal. I ask because there is a guy who wants to deal me a gorlits drain cleaner for the cobra plus some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks