how much is snake and drum worth?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by fhorta, Feb 7, 2013.

1. fhorta

fhorta New Member

Hi all. Just a quick question. Wondering how much a cobra drum and snake are worth? The motor is messed up. It wont go forward but does reverse. It has pedal and the snake is 50 ft. Its all metal. I ask because there is a guy who wants to deal me a gorlits drain cleaner for the cobra plus some cash from me. The gorlits is also 1/2 and 50 ft. Thanks for any advice.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Buy a new motor or have that one fixed. If it runs, then fixing the "forward" should be easy. To me, the Gorlits machines are too big and bulky.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. fhorta

fhorta New Member

Thanks. From what i found out the motor is about $75. Not sure about fixing it, i dont know much bout this. Also, i found out its not a cobra, but a mini-rooter. I just want a ball park figure how much it be worth without motor. The guy is asking $100 for gorlits. Thanks
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  4. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

Take some scotch tape and tape a $5.00 bill to it and that is what it would be worth on the way to the dumpster, !

Then buy a real drain machine

http://trojanworldwide.com/colt.html
  5. fhorta

fhorta New Member

Well, glad i didnt do that. Got $80 for it!