Search results

1. rafigso

Didn't know about pipe dope, now what?

Thank for the quick reply, took everything out and used the dope, everything is good now.
  2. rafigso

Didn't know about pipe dope, now what?

I have 2 shower valves and one of them has a one drop at a time leak from the threads. I used Teflon and no dope. I would have used the dope if I had known about it. Short of cutting out the valve and reconnecting everything, is there a sealant I can put around the outside of the threads to...
  3. rafigso

DWV Rough In Review

Good Morning, Finally got the drains and vents in. Please tell me if they look ok. For the record, I didn't hack up the joists, that's what I found when I opened the floor. I'm trying to strengthen them as much as possible. Where some of the cuts are, the joists are resting on load...
  4. rafigso

Review Shower DWV Diagram Please - ready to install

I have some follow up questions and have color coded them Green, thanks for the quick reply. I'm thinking of using pro-slope and then mud
  5. rafigso

Review Shower DWV Diagram Please - ready to install

Good Evening, Thanks in advance!! I'd like to know if what I represented would work, here are some notes: 1. ABS is 2" 2. I'm going to remove the old P-trap from the vent and cap it in order to reutilize the vent for the new shower 3. Can I utilize a 90 degree turn in the waste run...
  6. rafigso

P Trap Physics

Good afternoon When you turn on the water, and the P-trap begins to fill, what "forces" push the water through the "U" and out through the arm. Just curious. Thanks, Rafael
  7. rafigso

Vent and Waste Diagram Review

Hello, I did some more tear out and I think I have my final plan ready. Here is a before and "after" diagram. I'd like to know if the general layout works. The vent for the shower appears to be 2" pipe and nothing but the shower is on it. The vent pipe I want to tap into for the sink appears...
  8. rafigso

Bathroom Remodel - First Time

Good Afternoon! My name is Rafael, I'm new on the board. This is the first time I've tackled plumbing. I've done everything else around the house, just not plumbing. I may need to do this job to save some money. I've attached some images here for review. This is my first attempt, so go...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks