Search results

1. jasaxon1900

bathtub overflow configuration?

Thanks. The p-trap for the tub in the basement has a clean-out in it - does that matter?
  2. jasaxon1900

bathtub overflow configuration?

On the new waste and overflow drain that I am installing there are 3 possible configurations (direct, indirect down, and indirect rear). I am installing new dwv lines to the main stack so I can place the trap below in any location (open basement) so it is possible for me to use either the...
  3. jasaxon1900

main level bathroom remodel

OK - here is what we have come up with (plumber) based upon recommendations from here. The toilet it now the lowest drain on the stack via a saniT (3") and has been separated from the upstairs drain. The clean-out was left on the end of the toliet run. The upstairs drain (from the sink) now...
  4. jasaxon1900

Thanks so much - should the cleanout be left on the end of the 'toilet only' run or should I remove it and just have a 45 bend there (more cleanouts are better??). Is the double 45 bend a better performer than a wye with a 45? Also, does this configuration not mean that I am now 'wet venting'...
  5. jasaxon1900

I will have to look tonight to see if there is room in the stack to do that (because of the angles that things come in at, I don't think a single T (3" x 3" x 3" x 1 1/2") to accept the 3" toilet and the 1 1/2" upstairs drain will work without a few horizontal angle connections - OR is that...
  6. jasaxon1900

OK - you lost me. The vent for the toilet (and the etire main floor system) ties into the vent stack going through the roof in the attic space above all the drains in the upper floor. How does that make it a 'wet vent'? The drawing was not provided by the plumber to me - I did the drawing...
  7. jasaxon1900

What type of connection should be used to tie the toilet into the stack? The only options are a Sanitary T or a 45 Wye, correct? And everything I have read states that a wye is preferable to a tee. This can certainly be changed to a saniT without issue if that is what it needs to be. Please...
  8. jasaxon1900

Hello - first time poster here! The main floor bathroom in my home is being remodelled. It is smallish (8x8) and will include a tub, toilet and a vanity sink. The toilet and vanity sink will be along one wall with the tub on the opposite wall. The room is being completely gutted. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks