Search results

1. pbishopp

What toilet never plugs? Replacing old 5.0 gpf

American Standard commercial toilet with a Zurn Aquaflush seems to rarely plug. I have actually considered getting this for my home.
  2. pbishopp

No sealant at base of toilet?

I had a toilet installed yesterday by a plumber who did not put any sealant at the base of the toilet where it meets the tile stating we wouldn't want sealant so we can see any leaks. Is that common?
  3. pbishopp

Help! What am I looking at? Two flanges?

Hackney plumbing, thank you very much. I know my limits and in this case I have reached it. I will put the rag back in and call a plumber who is much more qualified to do this than me. It is certainly not worth the risk given my very basic skills at this. Your time and advice is much appreciated.
  4. pbishopp

I'm trying to disassemble everything but there is one screw in the PVC near the metal side that is at an angle and just turns endlessly. The bolt on the left just came out when I slid it but the one on the right is attached to the metal flange underneath.
  5. pbishopp

Here are more pics. Looks like the side near that other bolt is cracked too in the plastic part (in the second pic below zoomed in). Thanks for your help.
  6. pbishopp

Ok. Ill do that and post a new pic in a few min. Thank you for your help.
  7. pbishopp

Ok, I've never replaced a toilet before. I looked up videos on Youtube and instructions in preparation but it now appears that I am stuck. I just removed a 1987 Kohler Wellington and this is what I am looking at. Are those two flanges, a plastic one over a metal one? It looks like the plastic...
  8. pbishopp

Kohler Wellington From 1987 Salvageable?

Thanks for the advice, Gary. It is darker red color (merlot?).
  9. pbishopp

Kohler Wellington From 1987 Salvageable?

Hi everyone, We have a Kohler K-3415-EB Wellington in an impossible to get color. It is from 1987 and came with our house when we bought it a few years ago. I know fully well that there are water savings to be had from buying a new toilet but let's put that aside for now. The toilet has been...
  10. pbishopp

Kohler Cimarron 3609 or Kohler Cimarron 3589?

Ok, I put the order in yesterday for the Kohler Cimarron 3589 1.6 gpf. We'll see how it goes. Jadnashua, I get what your saying but both of these toilets are relatively new. I mean we aren't comparing a 3.5 gpf Kohler from decades ago to one designed within the past year. The two toilets are...
  11. pbishopp

Thanks, Terry. I appreciate the advice. I think I will go for the 1.6 since it may offer a bit more power for flushing.
  12. pbishopp

Gary, thanks for your reply. I have read through the comments on the Cimarrons. Unfortunately, I am restricted by color choice, and Kohler is the only that makes it in the color I need to get.
  13. pbishopp

I am looking at purchasing a Kohler Cimarron and am going to purchase either the 3589 or the 3609. I have to buy one of these because of various reasons (color etc). It appears that the only difference is that the 3589 is 1.6 gpf and the 3609 is 1.28 gpf. In looking at reviews, the 3589 was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks