Search results

1. homeowner95

Best way to fix a non-leaking connection that looks bad

Interesting. I had thought of doing something like that but was concerned about screwing up the round on the tee opening. I guess if you're gentle and squeeze midway down the neck just enough to introduce some resistance it's okay. Thanks!
  2. homeowner95

Approximate cost of adding a drain

My boiler room has no drain and with all the piping and valves in there, I'd feel better if there were one. I plan on having a professional do this but was wondering what a "reasonable" bill would be. There's a tap (the big iron branch to with a white PVC cap) to the main drain in close...
  3. homeowner95

You make excellent points, thank you. An earlier poster was on to something when he (I presume) suggested that what I'm seeing might be just browning rather than missing solder. I went back this morning in the light of day and it looks like it was just that, not missing solder. I feel more...
  4. homeowner95

I cleaned it. It's definitely about a 5 degree (of 360) region where there is a minute gap between the pipe and tee with no visible solder. Frankly, I'm very surprised that it's not leaking making me think that perhaps solder from the adjoining region made its way into the gap but is just not...
  5. homeowner95

I installed an expansion tank over the weekend and used a brass tee to connect the tank to my water line. It was the first time I ever sweated a joint and the access to the location was not great (overhead in dark tight spot). Although the connection is not leaking (it's been 36 hours without...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks