Search results

1. lbinx

Bowl not filling enough

Thanks for your advice, Terry. After over a month trying to get answers from Toto, who ultimately did send me two new flappers and flush arms (??), I purchased two Korky MaxPerformance fill valves from Lowe's and installed them. Eureka -- they work just fine and the bowls fill properly. One...
  2. lbinx

Condensation from the stack

I agree with Jimbo because something similar happened to me. My flues were very old and had been installed initially with double walls which insulate the flues. Over time, the inner walls of the flues deteriorated an in cold weather, water came down the flues into the furnaces. Also, rusty...
  3. lbinx

Bowl not filling enough

Thanks for your help. I love to save water, but prefer a clean commode first. :)
  4. lbinx

Bowl not filling enough

One of my commodes is on the second floor and the other one is on the third floor. I can imagine that the aggressive out rush of the water on the Toto could siphon water from the bowl as it flushes. Can't do anything about their locations or the outflow lines below. Sounds like the answer is to...
  5. lbinx

Does Made in America Matter to You? - Coast Products USA, formerly Coast Foundry MFG.

Thank you for your post and I will investigate your site. We Americans can stops this "jobs debate" by buying American made products, if we can find them. Consider this site: http://madeusafdn.org/
  6. lbinx

Bowl not filling enough

Thanks to both of you. Actually, I have replaced the tube with a long one and discarded the clip in the process. I will go back and shorten the tube and secure it with some sort of clip. Although I did well in my college hydraulics class (Many years ago, 30 years before "1991" :)), I cannot...
  7. lbinx

Bowl not filling enough

Thanks for this suggestion. The refill tube goes into the overflow about 6". But I think I will replace it with a longer one, even though I am not that would matter since it goes in there long enough. I experimented with changing the length of the flapper chain and nothing really helped...
  8. lbinx

Bowl not filling enough

Yes, pouring water directly into the bowl fills it properly. Also, slowly flushing it without pushing the flush lever all the way down flushes it and allows the bowl to fill properly. Flushing it normally seems to suck the water out of the bowl too fast and the flapper closes before the bowl is...
  9. lbinx

Bowl not filling enough

Thanks. I will try pouring water into it to check it.
  10. lbinx

Bowl not filling enough

I have two Toto toilets with GMAX valves. Both have always worked fine except it seems that the water level in the bowl after the flush sems to be too low. There is a rim or ledge in the bottom of the bowl that appears to be where the top surface of the water should be. But the water level is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks