Search results

1. Joeriley2005

shower only rough in valve

I'm in need of a shower only rough in valve for my remodel. Any thoughts on a good one? It doesn't have to be too fancy but I do want a good one. Something that a I can get replacement parts for if I need them. I also need it to be pressure balancing I believe for WA code. Thanks for your...
  2. Joeriley2005

Silicone or plumbers putty?

I'm installing my new drain kit to my new shower pan and the instructions say to put silicone between the drain and the pan. I've always used plumbers putty but I should I use silicone in this case since the instructions call it out? What do the plumbers prefer? thanks
  3. Joeriley2005

Venting question

Thank you to everyone with the positive input.
  4. Joeriley2005

Venting question

It is a 2" pipe. I thought the UPC Table 7-5 allowed 120 FT of total length for a 2" vent? I was just confused about the note: "Not to exceed 1/3 of the total permitted length of any vent may be installed in a horizontal position". I wanted to make sure it wasn't 1/3 of my total run.
  5. Joeriley2005

Venting question

What is the code rule for horizontal members of a dry vent? Attached is a picture of what I'm faced with to use an existing roof penetration. I'd rather not punch another hole in my new roof... Thank you for your advice, Joe
  6. Joeriley2005

Using old cleanout for new bathroom addition

So, if I put the wye in the orientation shown in this picture, I shouldn't have any problems? Assuming I do the upstream correctly. Originally, I was concerned about waste from the old toilet hanging up inside of the wye if I put it horizontally. If I put the wye in like the picture shown, I...
  7. Joeriley2005

What you don't see in the pictures is the 30 feet of travel from my new WC flange. I cut a notch in the new joist adjacent to the new WC flange to push the drain up as close to the the first joist as possible (I will go back and sister the joist to add the strength back into it). There was...
  8. Joeriley2005

Attached are some pictures I just took. Not sure if they will show exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, but the new pipe needs to come through the foundation cutout and attach to the old system some how.
  9. Joeriley2005

The problem is that I'm running out of vertical drop. My original plan was to install a wye below the cleanout but I was worried about using a wye horizontally. It seems to me that the waste might hang up after looking inside the wye. I don't have enough room to install the wye at a 45 due to...
  10. Joeriley2005

Is it acceptable in WA to use the existing threaded cleanout at the end of a DWV run to add my new DWV line for an added bathroom? I would add a new cleanout after the connection. Can I just thread in a new coupling and attach my pipe or do I have to removed the threaded connection completely...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks