shower only rough in valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Joeriley2005

Reaction score
I'm in need of a shower only rough in valve for my remodel. Any thoughts on a good one? It doesn't have to be too fancy but I do want a good one. Something that a I can get replacement parts for if I need them. I also need it to be pressure balancing I believe for WA code.

Thanks for your input,

Joe

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
If you're worried about parts you should choose a brand that a local supply house stocks parts for.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Get the Delta R10000 rough in valve. You then have a wide choice of trims, and you can choose basic one handle pressure balanced, two handle with separate volume lever, or thermostatic function. As with ALL brands and models, it is 4 port, and for tub only or shower only , you just plug one port.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Get the Delta R10000 rough in valve. You then have a wide choice of trims, and you can choose basic one handle pressure balanced, two handle with separate volume lever, or thermostatic function. As with ALL brands and models, it is 4 port, and for tub only or shower only , you just plug one port.
+1
That is what I went with and plugged the unused port.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The Delta body is the best option, but be sure to either insert the "bypass" plug inside it or install the cartridge. If using for shower only install the body upside down to eliminate future problems and give maximum flow. DO NOT, install the cartridge upside down, however.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks