shower only rough in valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by joeriley2005, Dec 27, 2011.

1. joeriley2005

joeriley2005 New Member

I'm in need of a shower only rough in valve for my remodel. Any thoughts on a good one? It doesn't have to be too fancy but I do want a good one. Something that a I can get replacement parts for if I need them. I also need it to be pressure balancing I believe for WA code.

Thanks for your input,

Joe
  2. dlarrivee

dlarrivee New Member

If you're worried about parts you should choose a brand that a local supply house stocks parts for.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Get the Delta R10000 rough in valve. You then have a wide choice of trims, and you can choose basic one handle pressure balanced, two handle with separate volume lever, or thermostatic function. As with ALL brands and models, it is 4 port, and for tub only or shower only , you just plug one port.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

+1
    That is what I went with and plugged the unused port.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The Delta body is the best option, but be sure to either insert the "bypass" plug inside it or install the cartridge. If using for shower only install the body upside down to eliminate future problems and give maximum flow. DO NOT, install the cartridge upside down, however.