Search results

1. MOV

Toilet Stored Outside in Below-Freezing Cold?

This is kind of a weird, probably dumb question... We bought a new toilet about 6 months ago because we were anticipating a bathroom remodel to be finished sooner rather than later. All told, the remodel was delayed, involved far more work and took WAY longer (of course), so we are just now...
  2. MOV

Replace toilet flange w/ old thinner (schedule 30?) PVC?

Hi all, We had rotted subfloor in our bathroom that has since been torn out and I'm ready to lay down the new plywood. The problem is getting the plywood under the lip (outer ring) of the toilet flange. Ideally I'd like to just saw it off and glue a new flange in after the floor is installed...
  3. MOV

Which toilet flange repair ring to use?

So our old toilet was knocked loose surprisingly easily, and we removed it to find this: The flange is embedded in the concrete. And the bolts were NOT in the proper slots on the left & right; rather, they were in the warped/broken notches on the top and bottom (where the concrete was carved...
  4. MOV

Fernco Wax-Free Seal VS. plain wax ring VS. wax + black plastic flange?

Hi everyone, I'm installing my first toilet (couldn't afford the Toto like we wanted, so we went with the American Standard Cadet 3 "Flush Right"), and the instructions say to use a wax ring. So I bought a Bol-Wax No.1. Then I removed the old toilet and found a wax ring with a black...
  5. MOV

Moving toilet 4 to 6 inches to the side?

Well, crap. We've run into another issue with a new Drake toilet. There is a 4" PVC pipe extending from ceiling to floor right next to the existing toilet. It's about half an inch from the left side of the toilet tank. Normally not a big deal, except the existing tank is only 16" wide...
  6. MOV

Do I need a toilet that flushes "up"? (for lower level of house?)

Heh, so just as we were getting ready to order a Toto Drake for our house, a relative mentioned that if we were on the lower level of the house, we'd need a toilet that "flushed up". Our house is a "raised level ranch" -- there's a ground level when you walk in (not a basement below ground...
  7. MOV

Best CHEAP toilet?

Hi all... My wife and I just bought a house, so we're low on money and are prioritizing the handful of repairs that need to be made. At or near the top is fixing up a downstairs bathroom currently featuring orange walls and a tan, plastic, "lazy" toilet that has to go. Given our monetary...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks