Search results

1. maurice53

HVAC duct through a fire rated wall

I took a rear section of the garage and converted it to a laundry room with a wall now dividing it from the rest of the garage. This wall needs to be a fire rated wall. I am required to put HVAC register in this room. Can I put the duct through the wall and still maintain the fire rating?
  2. maurice53

15A outlets/switches on 20A circuit

I have outlets on a number of 20A circuits (12/2 wire)- dining area, kitchen counter, den, garage- that appear to be rated 15A. Is this okay? Do wall switches need to be rated according to the circuit amps?
  3. maurice53

Wiring a GFCI

Thanks jimbo and everyone. It is clear as day now... Is there ever a valid reason to install individual GFI's along the same circuit?
  4. maurice53

Wiring a GFCI

I have 2 outlets in a laundry on the same dedicated circuit that are within 5' of the utility sink. 12/2 loops from the first to the second. Do I need each to be a GFCI or can I connect the second to the load terminal of the first? I am thinking that they both need to be GFCI because...and I may...
  5. maurice53

Converting from larger to smaller wire gauge

Update: I have been told by the proper authorities that the outlets in the laundry have to be on their own circuit and that the washer can be on this circuit. Since the washer was its own circuit I will add the other receptacles and have the an additional circuit for the lights.
  6. maurice53

jwelectric your responses have been very helpful. In my previous posts I was mistakenly saying white when I meant black as I did in this post which I am now editing. I just discovered an outlet on a wall in the dining area near where the laundry is that is wired with 12/3- black connecting that...
  7. maurice53

jwelectric, as I read your response I realized the obvious that the 14 gauge wire would necessitate the breaker be 15A so I won't do that and I understand it is all one circuit. The area in the garage that will now be the laundry room will be separated from the garage by a new wall. The...
  8. maurice53

I am finishing an area in the back of my garage where there are existing washer dryer hookups to create a laundry room with access from inside of the house. My question is about wiring four ceiling recessed cans(60W bulb each). I have 12/2 romex running from an existing outlet in the adjacent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks