Search results

1. H

cast iron lead packed hub removing pipe

Remove lead packing :cool: Thanks guys. I guess I will prepare to spend this coming weekend in the craw space to replace that pipe. I'll first try to loosen the pipe first before working on prying the lead out. Hopefully, it comes off easily.
  2. H

cast iron lead packed hub removing pipe

What is the best way to remove a galvanized pipe that is connected to the main waste pipe that is cast iron and the hub looks like it is lead packed? I found a book diagramed how cast iron pipes use lead packing, but doesn't say anything about what is the easiest and quickest way to remove the...
  3. H

suggestions on connecting PEX to fixtures

Securing the joints Thanks Jeff. That's what I thought. It's best to secure all the joints in the shower circuit to eliminate stress on the PEX connection.
  4. H

suggestions on connecting PEX to fixtures

I want to replace galvanized pipes with PEX. I understand that the PEX should not be stressed at the point of connection, like to a hose bibb. What about to stop valves that supply water to fixtures? What is the norm to connecting PEX to stop valves at fixtures and to shower heads, etc? For...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks