Search results

1. TipsMcStagger

Running out of hot water in one shower

I recently had my water heater replaced with an AO Smith ENLB-40. My master bath was renovated a few months before the old water heater failed. I can't remember exactly when but around the time the new heater was installed, I installed this larger rain type shower head. The specs for the head...
  2. TipsMcStagger

Opinions on Drilling Through Shower Wall

The girlfriend moved into a new (to her) apartment in NYC. The shower was renovated 10 to 20 years ago and is in decent shape but the shower head was roughed-in fairly low. The shower body was installed on an adjacent wall and I have no idea how the pipe was routed to the drop ear. I've...
  3. TipsMcStagger

Moen Shower Head Flow

I have this Moen S3879EP hand held shower from their "90 Degree" collection in my guest bath. The handheld is the only shower head in the shower. According to this Moen document, the "EP" suffix denotes a 2.0 GPM model, vs. "EP17" which denotes 1.75 GPM. So seemingly, I have the 2.0 GPM...
  4. TipsMcStagger

Reason for PEX to Copper Transition?

When I renovated my smaller bath, the plumber transitioned from Uponor to copper for the tub spout and the handheld shower head wall elbow. He explained at the time why this was better than routing PEX to those consumers. But I can't remember the reason. I'm getting ready to renovate the...
  5. TipsMcStagger

Wall Mounted Toilet - Opening a Can of Worms?

I'm planning my master bath renovation. This is a single floor home built on a slab in Florida. The location of the toilet will change, so regardless of which type of toilet I ultimately choose, the rough-in will change and the slab will have to be broken. The plan calls for a floating...
  6. TipsMcStagger

Discontinued Showerhead Conundrum

Many years ago, I fell in love with the Grohe Freehander showerhead. A hotel I used to frequent had these installed in every bathroom. They are simply fantastic. I loved the Freehander so much, I bought one to install in the apartment I was living in at the time. The Freehander is a robust...
  7. TipsMcStagger

Cause of this corrosion to expansion tank?

I noticed this corrosion on an electric water heater at a friends apartment. What would cause this and is there any repair that should be made to prevent potential failure? Thanks.
  8. TipsMcStagger

Toilet Rough-In Position - Am I wrong?

I gutted my 30+ year old guest bathroom. The house had been replumbed through the attic with CPVC prior to my ownership because of a slab leak. I hired a plumber to replace the CPVC in the attic with PEX and to rough-in the gutted bathroom, including setting the tub. I framed out one wall in...
  9. TipsMcStagger

Re-Replumb Info Sought

Single floor, two bedroom, two bath home in Florida, built on a slab. Home had a slab leak prior to my ownership. It was replumbed with CPVC in/through the attic. As each room is remodeled, I'd like to replace the CPVC with PEX, as much as I can. I've just demo'd the guest bathroom. The...
  10. TipsMcStagger

Critters in the waste pipe - coming in from where?

I'm replacing a sink in a bathroom. A few days ago, I removed the old sink and stuffed a rag in the waste pipe while I gathered parts. Last night, I was doing a dry fit, so I removed the rag and something caught my eye. There was a large blockage in the waste pipe. I grabbed a flashlight...
  11. TipsMcStagger

PVC to Sillcock - Best Way?

I just built a small lean-to and had a 3/4" PVC pipe roughed-in up through the slab. I want to go through the wall (1/2" PT plywood with lathe and stucco on the exterior) to install a sillcock. I'm not sure about the best way to do this. I thought about transitioning the PVC to galvanized but...
  12. TipsMcStagger

Ferrule for polyethylene compression fitting

I have a 1/4" polyethylene line running to my fridge to supply the ice maker. It's routed behind some molding, so I need to stick with polyethylene. The polyethylene was connected to a push-in type plastic connector that cracked, resulting in a leak. The plastic push-in connecter had a union...
  13. TipsMcStagger

Rheem EcoSense Heat Pump Water Heater Right for Me?

I live in FL. My water heater is in the garage. It's HOT in my garage most of the year. HD is clearing out the 50 gal Rheem EcoSense heat pump water heater for $974 (normally $1498). I live in a 1400 sq ft home with two baths. It's just me in the house, most of the time. My existing 30...
  14. TipsMcStagger

Tapping Into Main - Anything to Consider?

I've owned this house for just over a year and I'm slowly trying to correct the hackwork left behind from the previous owner. The house is one floor built on a slab (in FL). At some point, there was a slab leak, so the house was replumbed with CPVC through the attic. It's a mess and clearly...
  15. TipsMcStagger

Kitchen Rough-In Problems

New guy here...lookign for some advice: I know it shouldn't be like this but it is and now I have to deal with it. The guy who's been working with me during the kitchen renovations (skilled but not a licensed plumber) wasn't paying attention and positioned the hot supply rough-in directly above...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks