Search results

1. mdsnj

Constant Noise From Boiler - What is it? See Video.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the big red pump is disconnected. It was for a floor that now has it's own separate boiler.
  2. mdsnj

Constant Noise From Boiler - What is it? See Video.

Hi, I was wondering if someone could advise me on what this noise might be. It's constant when the heat is on and it's driving me crazy. The boiler is old, maybe almost 100 years old, but it doesn't seem to be coming from there. It's hard to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. We had the...
  3. mdsnj

Delta Valve with Stops - How Many Turns to Open?

Hi all, I have a Delta Valve with stops and I was wondering how many turns do you usually give it to put the stops in a completely open position? It feels like if I keep unscrewing them, they might fall out. I don't want them to fall out, but I do want all of my water pressure. Many Thanks!
  4. mdsnj

Delta MultiChoice, R10000-UNWS

Hi all, I recently purchased a Delta MultiChoice R100000 shower valve. The plumbing supply store sold me one with stops. Why do I need stops? Also, it comes with a port for a tub spout. It says if any port is not used, it should be fitted with a pipe plug. What does a pipe plug for a valve...
  5. mdsnj

Basement Shower Remodel (with pictures)

Is it possible to mount a shower faucet within 1x3's or does it have to be 2x4's? I need to match up against an existing 1x3 framed wall. Also, is it true that if I purchase, say a Moen x model faucet at HD and the same model x at a plumbing supply store, the one from the HD will be made of...
  6. mdsnj

Hi guys, Thanks for your reply hj. Is that oxidation bad enough for me to request my plumber replace it? So I chiseled out some of the slab and found this mess. As you can see, the slab was poured right on top of the CI pipe. I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem when I pour concrete...
  7. mdsnj

Hi Guys, I'm remodeling my basement shower due to water damage and plan on using the Kerdi shower drain So, I was wondering if I could get some advise on a few plumbing concerns. I've done basic plumbing in the past, but nothing on this scale and for that reason, I'm contemplating hiring a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks