Search results

1. dujour

O-ring supply connections on lavatory faucet -- convert from braided hose to 3/8 tube

Thanks for your concern. Maybe I'll just return the faucet. The lines aren't long enough to use as-is.
  2. dujour

O-ring supply connections on lavatory faucet -- convert from braided hose to 3/8 tube

Ok, thanks Terry and HJ. It is useful to know there is no typical way to do what I want. Now it's a challenge :)
  3. dujour

Do the faucets you've seen use the same double O-ring connection?
  4. dujour

Hi, I have a new Danze faucet I want to install on a wall-mount sink. The faucet came with braided supply lines. I would like to replace them with conventional 3/8 chrome hard line since the plumbing is exposed. This is one of the supply hoses. On one end is the standard 3/8...
  5. dujour

Brass lavatory drain conundrum

Why do you say that? The dimensions match 1 1/2" schedule 40 pipe exactly... (Maybe I should remove that brass piece and sell it -- brass schedule 40 pipe is >$100 a foot new!)
  6. dujour

Oh, I guess I also have the option of doing something like #2 above with PVC.
  7. dujour

Ok, so I can see where the drain pipe screws into the vertical pipe behind the wall, and it is a threaded pipe connection. It's hard to tell whether it is soldered or not but I am assuming it isn't. So I think that gives me the following options: 1) Unscrew existing brass/copper pipe. Use...
  8. dujour

Interesting. I assumed it was brass but I guess it could be copper. The O.D. is 1.9" and the I.D. is 1.6". So the pipe walls are quite thick. I know there are other brass (or copper?) drains in the house. Here is another picture. You can see where I scratched it a few times, and it does...
  9. dujour

That sounds promising. Something like this? You can say that again! The black iron nipples and caps in the picture above are a testament to that... The "orange" I was at yesterday had no 4" nipples in anything but iron.
  10. dujour

Yes, thanks, I was actually looking at that part or something very similar in the store yesterday. The problem is that while the body of the part is chrome plated brass, the nuts are rough galvanized steel. Though I suppose I could find chrome nuts somewhere... I'm still curious to know if...
  11. dujour

Hello, I am replacing the sink in my 1940s vintage bathroom. Previously the PVC P-trap was connected to the drain pipe with a no-hub coupler. This was partially hidden behind the sink pedestal, but it was still pretty ugly. The new sink is a wall-hung unit which will expose the plumbing...
  12. dujour

Putting tub spout on 4 port diverter valve with shower heads?

By the way, I'm not doing this work myself -- it's not allowed here -- I'm just planning everything out as detailed as I can. How the plumbing is arranged will dictate where the tile lines up, etc.
  13. dujour

That makes sense. Two tub+dribble positions plus one tub only position. I guess there's no way around that. Can the Delta R10000 valve body be installed upside down to avoid the four 90s going from the tub outlet to the diverter valve?
  14. dujour

Ok, thanks. In the configuration I'm thinking of there won't be any unused ports on the diverter -- only on the mixer valve. Here's a quick sketch: Does that still sound reasonable? Not having used one of these diverters before I'm wondering what the 6 positions are. If the output...
  15. dujour

Hello, I am in the process of picking out new fixtures for my tub/shower. The only good thing about the current fixtures is a separate handle to switch between tub spout and shower head -- that is, there is no diverter on the tub spout itself. This is nice because we almost exclusively take...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks