Search results

1. Steelers Fan

Electrical? on a water heater

so i got a call today from an existing customer who tells me one of her rental properties the tenant says she only gets about 5-6 minutes of hot water and then it goes cold.So I'm thinking it sounds like the lower element has crapped out.I get there and check it for continuity and its good so I...
  2. Steelers Fan

question for plumbers more experienced than me

got a call today on a townhouse on a slab that has a leak in the supply.I havent been out there yet because the union finally put me back to work after 16 month layoff,but anyways i suspect it's leaking where the water supply enters the house at the garage as thats where the h.o said there is...
  3. Steelers Fan

med gas

gotta run an oxygen line in a veterinary hospital.Im wondering if I need to run a nitrogen purge while im brazing or if since its not dealing with humans if you dont really have to?
  4. Steelers Fan

happy but sad

got a job today with a master plumber doing service work,so im kinda happy.But at the same time seeing the quality(or lack thereof expected)Im very dissapointed.Not saying im some fantastic plumber since ive done new construction pretty much exclusively,but this really suxx a$$.this guy does not...
  5. Steelers Fan

San tee's

Went to plumbing code class tonight and were talking about san tee's among many, many other things and as I understand the book and talking with local inspector here ( under IPC) there are only two positions in which they're legal .1: from horizontal to vertical looking down for drainage and 2...
  6. Steelers Fan

Cleaner vs primer

I screwed up the other day redoing a retired union plumbers kitchen sink pipes at least I think. I accidentally grabbed a can of clear PVC cleaner I had on my truck thinking I had grabbed clear primer. I realized it after a couple of joints and switched over to primer. It was getting late so I...
  7. Steelers Fan

am i understanding this right

according to the ipc if a water closet is within 12 feet of the vent stack it does not need a seperate vent?
  8. Steelers Fan

does anyone know

if a fernco donut is a approved connection between 3" pvc pipe and the hub of a 4" vitrified clay hub according to the 2009 I.P.C.? A inspector is telling me its not but i dont see it the code does ask for a shielded band but that is if connecting to the outside of the pipe not in the hub .I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks