Search results

1. tesla

Wax Rings Are Too Small or Too Big

Want to thank you guys for your help. I wound up putting the bowl down without shims and it is solid with no rocking. However, it is unlevel by 1/4 inch. Thanks again. This is got to be the most helpful and friendly forum that I've experienced.
  2. tesla

Ok to have an unlevel tank and bowl? Is there an adapter that corrects for flanges like this?
  3. tesla

Another issue has come up. The flange is uneven with a rise to the right. Not a big issue except for the floor is unlevel with a rise to the left which has caused this..... See how much the level is elevated over the floor on the right side compared to the left. If I drop the bowl down without...
  4. tesla

The flange is not on top of the floor but is flush with the floor since the tile was tiled around it. I'm unable to find anywhere a jumbo ring without the plastic horn. Fluidmaster and Oatie and another did not have one listed on their website either. Is their no concern about too much wax...
  5. tesla

When the toilet flange is flush with the floor it seems that 2 wax rings might be too much and 1 ring might be too little. Which would be the better solution? Also, are 2 standard wax rings the equivalent of 1 number 10 ring? In addition, I have a number 10 wax ring with the horn. Anyone ever...
  6. tesla

Drake II Tank to Toilet Gasket

Just got part number 9bu004e which is a Drake tank to bowl gasket. It doesn't look anything like the one on my Drake II. Did they change the gasket from first generation Drake to Drake II? Will it fit anyway? Thanks
  7. tesla

Ultramax Install over poor flooringl installation...Pics

I wound up using a hammer and screwdriver and pulled out enough wood for it to set on the concrete. Since we plan on replacing the floor anyway, I didn't need to do it carefully. However its ugly enough to put some kind of toilet skirt around it to cover up the big ugly gaps. By the way, the...
  8. tesla

I'll probably replace the flooring at some point but right now I need a functional toilet without a lot of cutting, etc. Seems I read somewhere that Terry or someone talked about removing toilets that had been mortared to the floor. What about that as a temporary fix until I get a new floor...
  9. tesla

Ultramax II base is longer and narrower than the one it replaces. Fake wood was installed around the toilet so that the toilet sits on the concrete inside of the flooring. The front edge of the base is right on top of the edge of the wood floor and there are gaps on the sides. The back 2-3...
  10. tesla

Old Wax

I guess not since it still looks like its original shape.
  11. tesla

Old Wax

Thanks Terry.
  12. tesla

Drake II Tank Lid Butts Up Against Wall Which is Causing Condensation Damage...PIC

Not what I wanted to hear but I'm sure your right. Thanks
  13. tesla

Old Wax

Unused toilet wax been baking out in my hot Dallas garage for 2 summers now (and 2 winters but our winters are pretty lame). Is it OK to use?
  14. tesla

Drake II Tank Lid Butts Up Against Wall Which is Causing Condensation Damage...PIC

How much can a bowl be shimmed after its been installed and secured without breaking the wax seal? It's been installed for 2 years now. Between cheating the bowl and tank angle forward a hair I think I can lick this problem of the tank too close to the wall. I put a couple of pieces of rubber...
  15. tesla

TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

Thanks for the info about the kleenex on the toilet tank top. That anti slip material works well on many things. I can't believe I'm so excited about getting a new toilet! I'm replacing a 1995 contractor grade toilet. As many of you know the toilets during that era were the beginning of the low...
  16. tesla

TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

I just ordered an Ultramax II. Can someone tell me if the slope of the tank lid prevents a box of kleenex resting there?
  17. tesla

Took the tank off and put a level across the elevated ring that the tank sits on and its very unlevel, yet the bowl is almost dead level. Is it possible I have an imperfection? I put a couple of rubber shims in the back under the tank and this helped but I would like a bit more to get even...
  18. tesla

Got this from Toto tech support: I have not heard of a toilet causing condensation. The only thing I can think that would cause this is the toilet sitting in a high humidty room. The hole is put there for casting. When the tank goes through the kiln, the tank lid sits on top off it so that...
  19. tesla

It's an honest 12. Time to put a level on the tank to see if it or the bowl might be tilted back a bit. Could I get away with putting some rubber shims under the rear of the tank to tilt it forward?
  20. tesla

I called Toto and you are correct about the redesigned tank lid to accommodate the washlet flush device. He said all the lids now have that air gap and the only way I could get one without the gap is if I happened to get an older one. Also, the original Drake's tank is not as wide, fore and aft...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks