Search results

1. STyler

Help with Large Master Shower plumbing

I'm building a house for my daughter & son-in-law and a large walk-in shower with no door was the most important feature requested by my daughter. I'm not convinced that a door-less shower will stay warm, so I designed it so a door could be easily added if needed. Also trying to talk them out...
  2. STyler

Is there a downside to wiring a water heater for simultaneous operation?

I'm planning on trying a 50 gallon water heater wired for simultaneous operation in lieu of a tankless unit for my barn. This will have a separate cutoff switch so it can stay off until needed, but I need to reduce the heatup time - and the recovery time during use if it will work in this...
  3. STyler

Should flue be completely sealed up through the roof?

I had my furnace replaced a few months ago and they moved it about 4 feet from its old location. I just noticed recently that the flue has an opening into the attic. It comes straight down to a "wye" with the angle heading to the furnace flue - but the straight down portion of the wye is just...
  4. STyler

What is the best shower head for high flow?

Looking for the best flow shower head after removing the flow restrictor. Also wondering if a 3/4" valve is worth the difference in conjunction with an unrestricted showerhead.
  5. STyler

How would you level this shower pan?

I have a Sterling Ensemble shower pan (and walls) that is 48" wide by 36" deep that will be supported on 3 sides. It will be located at one end of a 4' x 8' small bath in a barn (toilet on opposite wall). The concrete slab is level from left to right - but it is about 1/4" lower at the threshold...
  6. STyler

Any experiences with the Bosch AE 125 (Electric) Tankless?

Does anyone have any info regarding this unit's reliability? Are there better options for electric tankless water heaters? There's no gas available so I need to stick with electric. This is the only unit I could find that, at least on paper, meets my needs - from a recognizable brand name. Of...
  7. STyler

Can I use both the shower & tub ports on a thermostatic valve?

I'm looking at 3/4" thermostatic valves (currently the American Standard R540) and in all applications they show either the shower or the tub port being used with the other port plugged. Is there any reason I can't utilize both ports? The application is a horse wash stall. The "shower" port...
  8. STyler

No vents installed in barn before concrete was poured.

I hope this isn't a major problem. I have a shower, toilet and two sinks going into my barn. The drain lines are all in and the concrete was poured, but there are no separate vent lines - just the drain pipes for each fixture. Is this a problem? How can the toilet be vented?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks