Search results

1. JohnfrWhipple

Trosse d'étanchéité pour Base De Douche

Because Bad Online Advice is not reserved for English Speaking People Only. It takes a while to translate but the process install for Resisto leaves a lot to be desired. What caught my eye was the plywood walls first and roller. The rest of the install went down hill from there. Installing...
  2. JohnfrWhipple

Recess a Kohler Medicine Cabinet

I had a lot of laughs yesterday at work while
  3. JohnfrWhipple

Trouble Shooting a Main Panel Tripping: Flood Damaged Suite

Hey Vegas. I have started up a new project in Yale Town Vancouver. A two bedroom condo that was flooded do to a broken sprinkler head. The leak is long since over - nearly eight months back now I think. I have started doing the repairs and we just had a second nuisance trip of the main...
  4. JohnfrWhipple

ValueSeal - Noble Company's 16mil budget friendly shower waterproofing membrane

You can see right on the product the cUPC code approval. Inspectors like that. I was heading downtown yesterday and I got a phone call from my Noble Company rep that he had sample(s) for me. It was one of the rolls you see in the photo above. Noble Company's new ValueSeal Waterproofing...
  5. JohnfrWhipple

Framing a Two Level Steam Shower Bench: L Shaped

I was asked today after a steam shower design meeting if I would build the shower we discussed this morning. I will be required to frame the sloped ceiling. Built the two tiered benches on two walls. Frame for the lighting and ventilation and ......
  6. JohnfrWhipple

Installing a fan inside your steam shower: Good idea or bad

I have for as long as I can remember never liked the idea of installing a fan in a steam shower. That was up until yesterday. Yesterday I get an email from a lady in California who is working with me to design a steam shower and she asked me what I thought about steam shower fans. I told her...
  7. JohnfrWhipple

Is this Blue Grout or is it something else?

I have to laugh sometimes at the other forum. It really is quite sad when such a simple question gets such a bad answer. And even sadder that no pro - step up to offer up another answer. This lady writes this: "...Okay, here is my story. A few months ago we installed a new shower. On the...
  8. JohnfrWhipple

Reviewing Schluter's Dilex BWA Expansion Strip: Skylight to Tile Transition

I'm not a huge fan of Schluter's products but on occasion there is a time and a place to use them. My most current build features a large master bathroom renovation equipped with a steam shower. Inside the steam shower is both a skylight and a window. I purchased some of the Schluter Dilex...
  9. JohnfrWhipple

Who has made the best water ballon sling shot? And why does it work so well

This one photo just about sums up my plan for making a massive water ballon sling shot. I want to construct it on my top deck and have it fire 250' to the corner cross roads below my home. I'm not sure if I can get the range from a regular sling shot design but last night wondered about using...
  10. JohnfrWhipple

Ask The Tile Man

So I am trying to log into this new forum with no luck, which I never heard of before today called "Ask the Tile Man". I stumbled upon them researching who the members are of the TTMAC's technical committee. Ceramic-Tile.com The site says its the most respected professionally moderated...
  11. JohnfrWhipple

Dollar Store Deodorant Warning!

Some things you can not unread. Some concepts are almost un thinkable. Some things are so gross you puke a little in your mouth, when you try and understand why something was written. This important dollar store warning was just such a thing. Who would have even thought this was something...
  12. JohnfrWhipple

Mind Power: Levitating objects at work

My new years resolution this year is to further refine my levitation skills to the point where I can Levitate heavy things like concrete, boxes of tile and the like. It was a good year last year and the basics I have worked out, now to push the boundaries of what I can lift with only my mind...
  13. JohnfrWhipple

MMSA - Materials and Methods Standards Association

What is MMSA? The purpose and objective of the Association shall be to establish standards of quality and performance of materials and methods for installation and use in the ceramic tile and dimensional stone industries. Who can become a member? Any corporation, firm, or individual engaged in...
  14. JohnfrWhipple

Standard for Uncoupling Membranes

Standard for UNCOUPLING As request---what would you guys like to see in a Standard for Uncoupling membranes? some sort of performance levels.. At what point does it uncouple? What does that mean? I know it says limit the transfer of stess but what does that mean to you?? Should it come...
  15. JohnfrWhipple

Heating the floor of your home's elevator: What is the Best Way

Hey Vegas. Question. Have you ever seen an elevator with a heated floor? I was working the other day wrapping up the Vancouver Exterior Deck Job and noticed something funny. Well not funny, but rather different. The entire home is heated. The floors are all heated. The only spot in the...
  16. JohnfrWhipple

Your Beach House Shower: Best way of preventing sand build up in drain

Hey guys. I was wondering about sand build up in a beach house shower drain. What is the best way to avoid it or manage it. Getting your kids, girlfriend, wife, lover, aunt, mom, dad, brother etc to wash their feet is not always easy and I'm thinking that their must be some kind of special...
  17. JohnfrWhipple

Purple or regular drywall with Kerdi membrane or Ardex 8+9? Looking at the best option

What a loaded question. What's better? Purple or Regular White. The truth is neither should be used in a shower build in my opinion but if you are going to go this crazy route.
  18. JohnfrWhipple

Shakoolie: The Best Shower Beer Holder

What an awesome concept. A beer holder that keeps your beer in sight at all times and off the floor of your shower. Added benefits must include increased chill time and safer showers. Had to share. Shakoolie Beer Holders for your shower Don't let a little thing like showering get in the...
  19. JohnfrWhipple

Setting Weekly Goals: What are your Monday Goals?

Found this photo just now online. Great concept. What are your Monday Goals? I what to reset the job site. Get all the hard lower tile courses in and make it home in time to take my kid out for a bonus soccer practice session. What are your Monday Goals?
  20. JohnfrWhipple

Is this diamond cutting blade installed correctly? yes or no

The grinder is a Dewalt. The directional arrow is shown on the top by the half arrow. The spin is clockwise. The guard has been removed for your viewing pleasure and because I think they get in the way. So - is the blade on the right way or the wrong way? Please vote.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks