Your Beach House Shower: Best way of preventing sand build up in drain

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I was wondering about sand build up in a beach house shower drain. What is the best way to avoid it or manage it. Getting your kids, girlfriend, wife, lover, aunt, mom, dad, brother etc to wash their feet is not always easy and I'm thinking that their must be some kind of special drain used for a beach house shower.

I would think the same drain might work well as a drain for a mud room equipped with a hand held sprayer for soccer boots and the like.

Any suggestions.

Last edited:

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have an outdoor shower with hot water in a small tree or just use a hose.

koa-01.jpg

koa-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
A.The wax is melting off your longboards
B.You may consider a handrailing repair on the right side of your stairs...
C. I like the light in your shower pan!

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tree house was built for my daughter when she was four, twenty years ago (wow, time goes by fast) and morphed in to a shower, then a shower with hot water. It does have a handrail but the whole thing is slowly being torn apart by the rubber tree, dry rot, termites and carpenter bees. Plus at night there's maybe 100 mynah birds that sleep in the tree so it needs to be cleaned quite a bit. Low voltage of course.

koa-04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks