Search results

1. eoren1

Replace Lochinvar Squire Indirect Water Heater with Tankless system?

Well, he came out of the shower and was 100.9F (looked like crap going in). And this morning, he's home and asked if it was okay if he took a shower and used up all the hot water... Not sure about the mixing valve. We do have a strict inspector here. When we had the shower done in our addition...
  2. eoren1

Your last comment about 5 GPM flow made me realize something... Our new shower head has a rain head that puts out 2.5GPM. However, the kids' bathroom has a 10 year old rain head that I think does put out 4-5 GPM. We loved it when we used that bathroom but no reason the kids need that kind of...
  3. eoren1

Hi Phog, I think the boiler is working correctly. Tonight, my daughter took a 5 minute shower. Wasn't downstairs to check while she was showering but ran down soon as she finished and boiler was on STANDBY. Then it was my son's turn. Within a few minutes, the Knight went to Pre-Purge with...
  4. eoren1

Dana and Phog - just measured and we have 55 linear feet in each zone (first floor and second floor). Basement has less but also only turns on when a kid goes down there (rarely). Last night, the boy took a long shower and my wife set the tub to fill after walking our dog in 20F weather...
  5. eoren1

One last question - any thoughts on thermostatic mixing valves? Not sure which my plumber uses but did a search elsewhere and found Caleffi were highly regarded and really like the ones that have a built-in gauge which I presume I could adjust to find the optimal temperature. If the Caleffi is...
  6. eoren1

Spoke to the plumber - we do not have a mixing valve now. He is going to install one and get tank up to 145 and valve at 125 which hopefully will do the trick.
  7. eoren1

Just got home. Lochinvar Knight KBN106 Jotted these down from the digital display just now: System temp 108-110 (changed as I was there) Tank 130-133 (130) While it read as BLOCKED (changed by time I was done scrolling): Inlet Temp 159 Outlet Temp 165 Flue Temp 183 I can measure out linear...
  8. eoren1

Recommendation for electric tankless for single bath with 2.5gpm shower?

Nevermind - had someone do the math for me in another subforum and it looks like an electric is a no-go for my situation. Mods - please feel free to delete this thread.
  9. eoren1

Wow! Thanks for the math Dana. Had no idea it would take that much electricity. I'll post the Lochinvar Knight boiler model when I get home. Guess the options now are: 1. Figure out how to up the temp of the water in the Squire - guessing that is set by the Knight boiler but not sure if there...
  10. eoren1

Recommendation for electric tankless for single bath with 2.5gpm shower?

We have a house in Massachusetts and are running out of hot water when my two kids and wife take showers/baths in series at night. We use a Lochinvar Knight boiler and have a 52 gallon indirect Squire tank and have baseboard heat throughout. We put in an addition that holds the master...
  11. eoren1

Thanks everyone! The EcoDrain is an interesting concept - just not sure how we would access either drain to install it. We live in a 1950's house that we have nearly completely remodeled and just put in an addition. The drain for the shower goes through the wall behind the TV in the family...
  12. eoren1

Forgive the newbie question but would really appreciate thoughts from those with far more expertise than me (homeowner). We purchased our home in Massachusetts in 2010 and, as part of the renovations, installed a Lochinvar Knight boiler and Lochinvar Squire 52 gallon indirect water heater. We...
  13. eoren1

Bathroom sink plumbing question (very basic)

So the plumber came and fixed it all... Not sure how far he had to go or what tool he ended up using (I was at work at time) but he texted me back the root of the problem.... "dental floss" - we don't even use the stringy stuff (prefer the single use ones) which means that stuff predates our...
  14. eoren1

Hmmm....guessing that I've moved beyond the realm of DIY if I need to buy something more than a handheld version.
  15. eoren1

So the project is done...sort of - need some help/advice I removed the old faucet and all PVC from below (man that was a PITA). Then installed the new faucet and piping. All seemed fine. Of note the PVC threaded into the discharge pipe with a 1 1/2" male threaded piece. I primed/glued at...
  16. eoren1

Well...in for a penny, in for a pound...right? Just ordered a new Moen Eva 6410 faucet and drain to replace the vintage 60's model attached up top. Just got back from HD with all the stuff I need to put in a nice clean P drain below. Nice Sunday project coming up. Thanks everyone!
  17. eoren1

Reading a bit more, I guess this is a convoluted 'S' trap. Just ordered a new faucet/drain assembly as the one up top needed to be updated and will take out all of this piping and replace with a proper P trap.
  18. eoren1

Thanks HJ. So can this 'anyone' undo the above and just get a longer straight PVC hooked to the trap and then elbow out? By the way, why is this 'illegal'? Appreciate the help for this newbie. E
  19. eoren1

So our bathroom sink has been very slow to drain and I finally decided to do something about it. Figured one of the kids dropped a lego piece and it was wedged in the trap. Looked under, undid the trap and found nothing. I did note the perplexing design of the piping though. Wondering if...
  20. eoren1

Newbie shower pipe questions

Hi, Just found this site and was hoping to get some advice. I have moved into an apt and am unhappy with the shower set-up. The pipe comes out at about waist level and there is a flexible arm that extends up. I was hoping that I could use my "wonder shower" head instead. Also, on moving...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks