Search results

1. Cej22

Request for help identifying a bath fan based on its housing

I inherited a partially complete basement bathroom when I bought this house. The fan housing is installed and I can see that it's ducted. However, for some reason they didn't install the fan. It would save me a lot of time if I can identify the fan correctly and buy a replacement that will mount...
  2. Cej22

How to determine if basement drains can be filled in?

Eighteen months ago I purchased a house built in 1947 that was gutted and completely remodeled in 2009. I have a french drain around the perimeter of the home and have a sump pump in the basement with what appears to be a single cleanout in the floor. There is also modern plumbing in the...
  3. Cej22

Flush fit cleanout cover

I just purchased a home that has a cleanout coming out of the floor in the corner of the basement. However, I want to put a sofa in this corner. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to cut this flush with the slab and install a tom-kap? The carpet is simply a carpet tile. I would remove it...
  4. Cej22

3-way dimmer problem

I have a circuit controlling 12 cans that has two 3-way and two 4-way switches. I tried replacing one of the 3-way switches with a Pass and Seymour Multilocation Preset Dimmer (D1000MWV). The dimmer operates the lights, but if you turn off the lights using one of the other switches, then it no...
  5. Cej22

Basement finishing questions

I think I've got most things figured out, but I do have an open question about my wet bar. This is a small area with about seven linear feet of countertop space. I'll have a small microwave (~1000 watts) in the upper cabinetry on a shelf, and a counter-height mini fridge to power. I'll also have...
  6. Cej22

Adding 4-way switches to a 3-way lighting circuit

I understand that there are a myriad of ways to wire up three way switches, but that's about as far as my knowledge goes. Here's my issue. I've got three cans which are currently controlled by two 3-way switches. I want to add two more switches to control this same set of lights. Access is...
  7. Cej22

Change single receptacle to a duplex?

I've decided to install a high water alarm on my sewage basin, and that alarm should be installed on a separate circuit from the pump. The closest thing I have available is the outlet for the water softener, but it has a single receptacle. Is there any reason I can't change that to a duplex...
  8. Cej22

Zoeller Sewage Pump switch doesn't always work

I'm having a hard time finding an answer by searching. I have a house that's about three years old and over the last few months the sewage pump has failed to turn on three times, causing minor flooding in the unfinished basement. When it fails, I can lightly kick the discharge pipe and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks