Flush fit cleanout cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Cej22

Reaction score
I just purchased a home that has a cleanout coming out of the floor in the corner of the basement. However, I want to put a sofa in this corner. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to cut this flush with the slab and install a tom-kap? The carpet is simply a carpet tile. I would remove it before cutting.

I've done random plumbing work with the assistance of a friend who was a plumber, but I don't know much about plumbing code and general concepts. Advice is appreciated. Thanks.

cleanout_top.jpg cleanout.jpg

Cej22

Reaction score
The only down side would be if that is a fitting hub and the i.d. is NOT the same as a section of pipe so the TopCap won't go in.

Thanks. I assume that should become obvious once I remove the cap.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Not really, because it depends on how the manufacturer made it. The only way to really tell would be with an internal micrometer for an exact measurement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks