Search results

1. Mikemonica

Water shuts off by itself when valve is fully opened

Thank you for your response. We just recently purchased this house, I checked and it does have a Watts Floodsafe, I will replace it with a normal supply tube. I appreciate your help!
  2. Mikemonica

Water shuts off by itself when valve is fully opened

When I open the valve fully at the supply line for my toilet there is a clunk and the water shuts off. If I only open the valve about half way the toilet tank fill up fine, open it any farther and "Clunk" the water turns off. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? Many thanks in advance.
  3. Mikemonica

Loosen kitchen sink drain pipe

I need to remove a section of drain pipe under my kitchen sink. It is the straight section of pipe that threads into the pipes that run down the wall. This has been in there for about 35 years, it looks like galvanized pipe to me. Are there any tricks to loosening up this pipe so that I don't...
  4. Mikemonica

Sillcock spigot leak

Turn counter clockwise When I removed the packing nut I used an adjustable wrench on the end of the stem, turned it counter clockwise and met a lot of resistance, I was afraid to use too much force because I thought I might break something. I'm not sure if it would not turn because it has been...
  5. Mikemonica

Sillcock spigot leak

Faucet I am talking about the outside faucet, I removed the handle and the packing nut. I assume that you can remove the packing, stem and any seals inside the faucet just as you can a faucet in your kitchen or bathroom. I am just not sur how to do it. Is this threaded in or can I grab the end...
  6. Mikemonica

Sillcock spigot leak

Any response Since no one has responded. Is this problem that I have really difficult or did I just do a really poor job describing it? :)
  7. Mikemonica

Sillcock spigot leak

The sillcock spigot leaks, outside of my house. The house is 30 years old. The sillcock has a handle at the very end. I removed the retaining screw holding on the turn off handle, then removed the packing nut. Was not sure how to remove the packing. I tried turning the assembly counter clockwise...
  8. Mikemonica

Tank to bowl bolt order of assembly

Further clarification Thank you Terry, Are you telling me NO metal washer between the bolt head and rubber washer and NO rubber washer on the bottom side of the tank? Also would it help to run a bead of silicone around the edge of the rubber washer? Thanks!
  9. Mikemonica

Tank to bowl bolt order of assembly

I have installed my toilet since I did a bathroom remodel, I am having a horrible time with a ver small leak at one of the tank to bowl bolts. So far tightening has not stopped it. I installed the bolts through the tank from the inside, rubber washer flush with the tank, metal washer between...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks