Water shuts off by itself when valve is fully opened

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mikemonica, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mikemonica

Mikemonica Sales Manger

When I open the valve fully at the supply line for my toilet there is a clunk and the water shuts off. If I only open the valve about half way the toilet tank fill up fine, open it any farther and "Clunk" the water turns off. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? Many thanks in advance.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Did you install a Watts Floodsafe?
    They will shut off the water supply when you try to fill a toilet. If so, throw it away and get a normal supply tube for the toilet.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  3. Mikemonica

Mikemonica Sales Manger

Thank you for your response. We just recently purchased this house, I checked and it does have a Watts Floodsafe, I will replace it with a normal supply tube. I appreciate your help!