Search results

1. jkmason

Another Water Softener Sizing Question - Part Time Vacation Rental

Hello all, we are finishing construction on our house and are trying to determine what size/type water softener to choose. Our house is 3250 sf with four full baths and 2 half baths. It's a beach house that we will rent during our summer high season here in florida. During the time that we live...
  2. jkmason

Need to Fill and Redrill Frameless Shower Door Mounting Holes

Back again. Just tried redrilling the newly hardened mix of broken travertine chips and bondo. Worked like a charm. Drilled spot on with no wandering. Thanks everyone for the help. Jack
  3. jkmason

Hey Jim, since I have the bit I'll try your technique and make sure to keep the bit wet. Thanks, Jack.
  4. jkmason

Thanks everyone for the advice and all the great ideas. I love the idea of mixing in the stainless steel wool. That got me to thinking. I decided to mix up some crushed travertine (1/8" average size) along with the bondo. I'm working on a test hole to see how it drills. I'm also going to...
  5. jkmason

Good morning, I'm in the process of mounting a frameless glass shower door. First attempt was off by about 1/8". My mounting holes are 5/16" wide (4 per mounting bracket) and drilled through 1/2" beige travertine. The holes will be hidden behind the mounting bracket. I picked up a...
  6. jkmason

New Soaker Tub Option/Drain Waste Concerns

Hello all, I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel. I'm tearing out porcelain tile on a mud bed and have also removed a HUGE dated drop in roman tub, which I was hoping to replace with a smaller free standing soaking tub. The joists are 2x10 spaced 16" apart. I've got some questions with...
  7. jkmason

Trouble identifying and manual recharging dual tank softener

I'm helping a neighbor out with their water softener problem. They moved into their house and found the softener out of salt and brine. They are not sure if it was working or not. I filled the softener with a bag of salt and a couple of gallons of water and then tried a manual regeneration...
  8. jkmason

Just moved and reinstalled Culligan Mark 100 and Have Some Resin in Backwash

Thank you so much for the advice and help. I initiated another regeneration and noticed a very tiny bit of resin during the tail end of the cycle. I held my hand under the hose outlet. It couldn't ahve been more than 1/2 teaspoon. The unit sucked up the brine just fine and then did the final...
  9. jkmason

Just moved and reinstalled Culligan Mark 100 and Have Some Resin in Backwash

I just retired my old Culligan Mark 59 Aqua Sensor which I have had since 1984. I replaced it with a used Mark 100. I picked it up across town and transported it to my home about 35 Miles laying down in my backseat. After installation, I ran a manual regeneration cycle. I noticed a lot of...
  10. jkmason

Planning sprinkler irrigation project

I live in the twin cities are of Minnesota. I've noticed that one of my neighbors appears to be using a jet pump. Thanks again for the help. Jack
  11. jkmason

Thank you very much for the information. To clarify, should I look for a regular 3/4 hp submersible well pump or is another type of submersible pump recommended. Thank you, Jack
  12. jkmason

Hello, new poster here. My sprinkler system has been up and running for 14 years. I currently draw off city water. I would now like to take it off city water and use my lake water instead. I have approximately 1 acre of turf. My backyard backs up to a lake, which is 40' down a steep...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks