Another Water Softener Sizing Question - Part Time Vacation Rental

Users who are viewing this thread

jkmason

Reaction score
Hello all, we are finishing construction on our house and are trying to determine what size/type water softener to choose.
Our house is 3250 sf with four full baths and 2 half baths. It's a beach house that we will rent during our summer high season here in florida. During the time that we live in it from September through May, we will have anywhere from 2-6 people. Then from May through August we will have 6-12 people. A big variation in water usage.

Our water hardness is 4.5 gpg with no iron. I have been looking at the fleck 5600 mechanical 48 Grain. Would that be a good choice?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
5600 Mechanical... amazingly it is still a good selling system. Your low water hardness will allow for a smaller system for hardness, but flow rate is my concern. The 5600 is a lower flowing valve compared to the more modern Fleck valves but it will probably work fine. The modern electronic valves offer diagnostics, flow data, and much more. The 7000 would be preferred for your larger house size.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks