Search results

1. gpdewitt

Electric WH T&P Valve

Thanks, Ballvalve. I do care about legal. I've never heard of a runaway electric WH either. I've also been told there is safety circuitry built into them that prevents it. Still, the manufacturers and the code people must think there is a need for T&P valve, they both require it. I looked all...
  2. gpdewitt

Electric WH T&P Valve

I want to install an electric water heater in an interior closet. Code requires a T&P valve discharging to a drain but there is no drain available and it's a long way to the outside of the building. Is there an electric water heater equivalent to the Watts 210 valve for gas water heaters?
  3. gpdewitt

American Standard one piece, flush valve gallops!

Thanks, HJ. I'll look for other versions of the valve.
  4. gpdewitt

American Standard one piece, flush valve gallops!

I'm trying to repair flush valve on an old american standard one piece low profile model. The valve has one of those balance devices made up of two plastic tubes at right angles, one sealed and full of air, and the other open on one end and drilled on the other. What happens is, the toilet...
  5. gpdewitt

Inline flow restrictor

Thanks anyway, HJ. By the way, for some reason your reply did not register on the main forum page, just said 0 replies 10 views. Just thought you should know.
  6. gpdewitt

Inline flow restrictor

I have new bath and kitchen faucets with too much flow. They both have non-standard aerators (foreign made). Does anyone know if there are inline flow restrictors I could install between the angle stops and supply hoses? Where could I find them?
  7. gpdewitt

Changing Bath Exhaust Fan

Thanks for the reply, Chris. Yeah, it's either add a box or start ripping out drywall and flex back to the last j-box, waaaay too much work just to change out a fan.
  8. gpdewitt

Changing Bath Exhaust Fan

I live in Burbank, CA where code requires metal sheathing on all wiring inside walls. I'm trying to replace a fan, but the place where the wires come into the box are on the opposite side from the original, so the existing flex conduit wiring is too short to reach. I understand code does not...
  9. gpdewitt

Cold Air Return Location

I live in a 2 story condo with central heat/air. There is one 12x30 return at floor level on the first floor. When outdoor temps rise over 90, ac cycles normally, but upstairs is more than 10 degrees hotter than downstairs. I have r22 attic insulation and a thermostat controlled attic exhaust...
  10. gpdewitt

Sewer smell from my washing machine?

I have a front loader that started to get moldy, the home improvement stores and appliance stores sell a tablet or powder you can use in a load by itself to help keep down the mold. Also, leave the door a bit open if this is not a safety issue (pets or kids). Also, if there is a drawer where you...
  11. gpdewitt

Can this line be improved?

Thanks for the replies. I measured the slope at around 1 1/2" in four feet all along the pipes. We have no children, so no unidentified objects get flushed, nor do we put anything but tp down the toilet. Yes, we have and use a disposal, it's a brand new insinkerator 3/4 hp that's supposed to...
  12. gpdewitt

Can this line be improved?

I live in a 2 story townhouse where the guest bath toilet is the lowest open point in the system. About every two years, the line from it plugs up and it overflows, usually while doing laundry, and nearly ruins nearby hardwood flooring. The pictures follow the line from below the toilet to where...
  13. gpdewitt

Toto questions

I have a fairly new Toto Drake. Installed about 4 months ago. Love the flush and quick quiet refill, but the toilet's behavior seems quirky. 1. Toilet stopped filling after a flush altogether. Took apart fill valve and found nothing in the filter or anywhere else blocking the water. Tested...
  14. gpdewitt

Ideas for saving energy

Back to your original discussion, I have had solar assisted electric water heating, and found it to work quite well. I would not own and electric system if it was not solar as well, they just aren't efficient. My system pumped water directly to the roof mounted solar panels when the thermostat...
  15. gpdewitt

Redesign Kitchen Sink Plumbing??

I was gonna say, I just remodeled with a single sink and needed a longer 90 to get straight down to the trap. Had to get one designed for something else and trim off the flange so it would fit the flex connection on my new Pro Evolution Insinkerator. Love that disposal, by the way.
  16. gpdewitt

Cast Iron Sink Support?

The counter can hold up any sink with ease. If there is any way to make it an undermount sink, you and your wife will like it even better. Clean up is a breeze when you can wipe the counter into the sink!
  17. gpdewitt

What kind of faucet/vanity can I possibly install here? w photos

Do you have access to the back side of this wall, is it interior? You may be able to change the faucet pipe to fit a different faucet from the back. If not, and all else fails, perhaps you could remove a few tiles below the existing faucet pipes and change the configuration from this side. A...
  18. gpdewitt

Tree roots frequently clog drain line

Thanks Sewer Rats and Cass. The association makes availalble once-a-year rooting at bulk rates, a measly $40. I was shocked when I had to pay $280 for the same service on an individual basis. The roots are the responsibility of the association, but it could be argued that I didn't maintain the...
  19. gpdewitt

Tree roots frequently clog drain line

I live in a 43 year old townhouse condo, where my main (cast iron) sewer runs past a tree in the common area which frequently clogs the line with roots. Problem is, I get no warning it's gonna clog until my guest bath toilet overflows. The toilet is the lowest open drain in the house. Since I'll...
  20. gpdewitt

slot diffuser with plenum

Anybody? Can anyone point me to a supplier or a local contractor to Burbank, CA?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks