Search results

1. topshot

Delta Faucet R10000-PX Universal MultiChoice Universal Rough-In Valve

I apologize if this isn't appropriate, but I couldn't find an admin area or relevant FAQ. Let me know if I need to delete this. I have an extra bathshower valve for sale if anyone's looking for one. I got it based on this forum, but it's not made for Wirsbo brand pex as it turns out (pex ID too...
  2. topshot

Proper moving of stove, fridge and DW to not damage vinyl floor?

I've read several places that you shouldn't "scoot" heavy appliances into place as they can sometimes scuff up the floor, but I've never found what you SHOULD do to get them into their respective positions. I know when we moved our old appliances around to clean under them that the old vinyl did...
  3. topshot

Help with deep but skinny pantry space

The space available for our pantry is about 87" deep, but only about 27" wide. Furthermore about 4' into the 87", only the top half of space can be used because of clearance for a stairwell. That area currently has a single shelf in it but it's hard to reach things in the back, especially if...
  4. topshot

Replacing undercoating on stainless sink?

We're thinking of keeping the kitchen sink vs getting a new one since it's worked fine for the 15 years we've lived here so far. However, the undercoating is brittle and flakes off in the cabinet. It's cream in color. Where can I find some of this? I'm guessing the undercoating for your car...
  5. topshot

Silicone for Sterling tub strainer?

I'd assume I can still use putty for a Sterling Vikrell tub. Didn't notice any warnings otherwise. The sink we have says no putty, use 100% silicone. I was wondering if silicone would even work on a tub since you're screwing it in versus tightening from underneath on a sink. I'd think it would...
  6. topshot

Online suppliers for DIY-ers?

Neither of the plumbing supply houses in town stock a 3x3x2 1/4 bend low heel inlet, and I wondered which places on the net would sell direct to consumers? Looks like Ace Hardware can get it. Are their more specialized stores?
  7. topshot

Alcove stud wall coverings not covered by surround?

I'm getting a 32" tub with shower surround that's meant for stud walls. If your alcove is deeper than the tub/surround, what do you typically cover the remaining portion in front of the apron with? I'm looking at sheets of acrylic or plastic maybe over drywall since I have no interest in...
  8. topshot

Power vent water heater?

I'm removing my roof vent (for furnace and WH) in a remodel so was looking at getting a power vent model rather than going with electric since it's still much cheaper to heat with gas even today. However, after reading here it seems the new FVIR req has made the gas heaters pretty cantankerous...
  9. topshot

AFD tub better for 2x8 joists?

We're remodeling everything and have decided on the Sterling Ensemble tub/shower for upstairs (it was nice to see most here think Vikrell is decent). It is now just a question of getting the standard version or the above floor drain (AFD) version to gain more altitude. It's an old house that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks