Delta Faucet R10000-PX Universal MultiChoice Universal Rough-In Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

topshot

Reaction score
I apologize if this isn't appropriate, but I couldn't find an admin area or relevant FAQ. Let me know if I need to delete this.

I have an extra bathshower valve for sale if anyone's looking for one. I got it based on this forum, but it's not made for Wirsbo brand pex as it turns out (pex ID too large). I managed to make one work for my upstairs bath (used silicone and fuel injector clamps) but tried many times with the same components to get this one to work downstairs but I kept getting leaks so I bought a different R10000 with the appropriate fittings for my pex.

If you do contact me via CL, let me know you're from this forum so I know it isn't spam as I normally would only deal locally. Thank you!

delta_multichoice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, there are lots of transition fittings that would have worked fine, making a solid, reliable connection.

topshot

Reaction score
This valve required the crimp-style pex, not expand-style as I had. Once I swapped to a fully-threaded valve and the appropriate transition fitting for my pex, all was fine. I SHOULD have returned the first one as well, but it had already held for a year the way I did it with no issues so I figured I was good. That's why I was surprised I could never get the other to work the same way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks