Search results

1. pbradley_1

Make old gas boiler more efficient

I have an old American standard 1B-J1 boiler using natural gas. I would like to convert the standing pilot to a spark pilot and install an automatic damper such as the GVD-6PL. I have the R8239A1052 fan center and a model 36C03 type 300 gas valve. The input BTU is 180000 and output is 144000...
  2. pbradley_1

Jacuzzi tub faucet mounting

I am installing a drop-in whirlpool. The tub area itself is oval but the flange the rests on the deck is rectangular. I was looking for thoughts on drilling holes in one of the corners to mount the faucet and valve handles. The other option would be on the deck itself on the back edge. My...
  3. pbradley_1

Oatey No-Calk Drain

well the strainer isn't the problem so much as getting the 'wrench' into the locknut grooves to tighten it. If the pipe sticks up above the caulk too much, the wrench won't be able to tighten the locknut/compression nut.
  4. pbradley_1

Shower pan cracks radiating from drain

not sure but some type of plastic or resin
  5. pbradley_1

Can't Remove Shower Drain -- Part of Shower Pan? (pics)

It looks like you have a wedge-lok (sp?) drain. Thay are still sold. There is a dount gasket that goes between the flange and the pipe. Not sure why something else was in there. I just removed the one from my shower.
  6. pbradley_1

Shower pan cracks radiating from drain

I have another post in this forum that has nothing to do with this one in case you were wondering. Anyway, in my basement I have a shower stall with a 36" square pan and some form of cultured marble walls. The walls are in great shape which leads me to my problem. When the shower pan was...
  7. pbradley_1

Oatey No-Calk Drain

I am putting in a Swanstone shower pan and purchased an Oatey No-calk drain for it. When I first checked everything, it seemed my pipe coming into the drain was 3/4" too high. The drain I am using is the type you have a 'caulk' rubber seal that is compressed by a nut that fits inside the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks