Search results

1. GregO

20amp-dedicated

Thanks WorthFlorida, That confirms a few things for me. Greg
  2. GregO

20amp-dedicated

Hi, I have a 20amp dedicated duplex outlet originally installed for an infrared sauna. Into that outlet, I now run a laser printer. Trying to come up with a convenient "flip switch" or surge protector to allow both items to be plugged into it simultaneously as currently, the sauna internal...
  3. GregO

Hum from outdoor heat pump

There's a 40-amp double breaker for the indoor furnace and a double-60 amp breaker for the outer unit...I think...I say that because that's all the breakers obvious/labeled for the HVAC. The system seems to work fine otherwise, but I don't recall hearing that humming sound ever when the HVAC...
  4. GregO

Hum from outdoor heat pump

Hi, I've got a Trane XL13i - outdoor unit has a low electrical hum, even when the power is off, meaning even after tripping the electric breakers for the indoor furnace and the outdoor unit. The hum best mimics that of a fluorescent light tube hum; it's not real loud and the unit seems to...
  5. GregO

Kohler bathroom faucet leak

Thank you all and a BIG THANK-YOU to Kohler. I emailed them and without hesitation Kohler mailed me 2 new cartridges. Easy peasy installation. Thank you Kohler and thank you Terry Love for this site! Greg
  6. GregO

Thanks for the quick replies! Greg
  7. GregO

Hi All, Wife and I recently found our 9-year old Kohler bathroom faucet (K-16100-4a chrome plated) leaking out of the hot and cold stems (mostly out of the hot side). Anyone know of a "convenient" way to purchase new stems (cartridges) or have Kohler replace the valve stems without a...
  8. GregO

hartell condensate pump

Hi, I'm cleaning my condensate pump and now need a replacement O-ring for the submerged bottom base impeller. Oring is slightly damaged and swollen enough that it seems to want to retire. Anybody know where I can find one, preferably several, for a Hartell KTP 15X 1UL condensate pump? I'm...
  9. GregO

Which Brand "air bath / whirlpool " tub to buy??

air tub For what it's worth, my wife and I went with the BaneUltra (Thalassa 55) airjet tub and would buy another one. Greg
  10. GregO

Plastic dust door

zipper door Thanks Peanut, that should work. Greg
  11. GregO

Plastic dust door

Hi All, I'm reorganizing the shop and want to seal off two hallway areas to minimize dust from escaping the shop and drifting into the laundry area. I've thought of clear plastic sheeting; ideally, I am hoping/looking for something more permanent, professional, sturdy, and reliable that...
  12. GregO

Has anyone done one of these?

Not yet, but I requested more information. Thanks for the link! Greg
  13. GregO

Vinyl siding---should I remove the old shingles first?

shingles I completely agree with the other posts = tear off the roof and siding wood shingles. Yes, both can be done without tearing off, but it will yield an unprofessional job. Tearing off will cost a little bit more, but will enhance every aspect of the finished job. Given your NE...
  14. GregO

Foundation Repair Question

wood If those band boards (sill boards as you called them) are what they appear to be (4x6s on edge), they are smaller than ones I would have used given the span between pier footings, but I'd check a load table for your area. Greg
  15. GregO

Washing machine lines

stainless braided Well, I was at the orange big box and all they had in stock were floodsafe. I've seen another stock them, but only 4' lengths. Ideally, I'd like a 6' length, but...I guess I'll keep looking.
  16. GregO

Washing machine lines

Where's the best place to purchase stainless steel braided washing machine lines (preferably 5-6') that do not have any safety valve such as the floodsafe valve; the floodsafe valve is ridiculous with restricting water flow. Thanks! Greg
  17. GregO

Adding Rafters?

rafters It's a little bit of overengineering, but I would recommend simply doubling up all your blue-colored rafters (using brackets where appropriate) in your original picture. Greg
  18. GregO

Remove plaster and lathe or leave it?

plaster Remove it all. Yeah it's a mess, but it will allow you to inspect and fix anything that may be hidden and needing attention. Could be a big can of worms, but it's worth it in the long run. Do it once, do it right. Greg
  19. GregO

ball valve blew up

ball valve To your point, definitely keep your face and other parts away from opened pipe ends just in case...:):D
  20. GregO

ball valve blew up

ball valve There's some misunderstanding here... The ball valve was open - in addition, I tried resoldering that joint only after I cut it out to test. In the past, I've added flux to external joints and have had them "wick" some small amounts of solder, but this was simply experimental...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks