washing machine lines

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by GregO, Feb 23, 2009.

1. GregO

GregO New Member

Where's the best place to purchase stainless steel braided washing machine lines (preferably 5-6') that do not have any safety valve such as the floodsafe valve; the floodsafe valve is ridiculous with restricting water flow.

Thanks!
    Greg
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

They are available everywhere. Hardware stores, plumbing shops, and Big Box Stores all have them. The will all stock both kinds, so just read the labels to be sure.
  3. GregO

GregO New Member

stainless braided

Well, I was at the orange big box and all they had in stock were floodsafe. I've seen another stock them, but only 4' lengths. Ideally, I'd like a 6' length, but...I guess I'll keep looking.
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Try Ace Hardware, Tru Value Hardware, Lowe's, *******, or whatever else you may have in you area. They shouldn't be too hard to find. I am somewhat surprised the HD didn't have a better supply, but keep looking.:)