Kohler bathroom faucet leak

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by GregO, Jan 29, 2012.

1. GregO

GregO Member

Hi All,

Wife and I recently found our 9-year old Kohler bathroom faucet (K-16100-4a chrome plated) leaking out of the hot and cold stems (mostly out of the hot side). Anyone know of a "convenient" way to purchase new stems (cartridges) or have Kohler replace the valve stems without a receipt? Only 2 people use this faucet daily with minimal abuse, so having it last only 9 years disturbs me.

Thanks for any help!
    Greg

2. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

Sure call Kohler and ask them to replace the stems. If they will not then buy the stems from kohler.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Faucets have "wear and tear" parts. You don't drive your car for 9 years and not expect to buy tires, brakes, etc. That said , Kohler may or may not provide them free, but you can certainly but the stems from a plumbing store ( not a box store) or on line. The website is www.kohlerserviceparts.com For some reason, I can not get on right now, but enter your model number in the model number box. You will see a diagram, and what the numbers are for the stem, and any other replaceable parts.

5. GregO

GregO Member

Thanks for the quick replies!
    Greg

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    call 1-800-4KOHLER and they will probably send you the replacements. In many cases LACK of use is harder on a faucet, among other items, than frequent use.

7. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
  8. GregO

GregO Member

Thank you all and a BIG THANK-YOU to Kohler. I emailed them and without hesitation Kohler mailed me 2 new cartridges. Easy peasy installation.

Thank you Kohler and thank you Terry Love for this site!

Greg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012