Search results

1. Ingeborgdot

Pipe cover?

I am not even sure what the name of this would be but here it goes. Coming out of the wall going to the toilet is the copper fitting which a flex tube is connected to. My question is about the copper pipe coming out of the wall. The hole around it is much bigger than the actually...
  2. Ingeborgdot

Remodeling bathroom with custom vanity question.

We are remodeling our bathroom and are having a custom cabinet done. We are looking for a specific style of handle but our custom builder just can't seem to find the handle we want that comes with varying sizes for different size doors that we want. We are looking for something similar to...
  3. Ingeborgdot

Wiring question?

Okay, let's see if I can explain this so people will understand me. I am going to wire a light switch to some new lights that I have in my garage attic which I have no problem doing and understand but have a question about an existing junction box that was in the attic. In the box was the...
  4. Ingeborgdot

Shower lighting question?

I am having an ICAT recessed 6" can put into my bath/shower area. It will have a shower trim over that. What is the largest Par30 watt bulb a person can put in that type of enclosure? Thanks.
  5. Ingeborgdot

Flooring question.

Is there a laminate that looks like a 12 x 24 tile? Just curious because if there is I may go that route because I won't have to heat the floor. I can't stand cold tile and if I do the tile way then I will also need to spend to heat it.
  6. Ingeborgdot

Bathroom remodel (sheetrock wall question)

We are now in the process of remodeling our bathroom and tearing down the old tile that was on the wall. Some of it is tearing some of the paper off of the sheetrock. Do I need to worry about that or not? We are going to just smooth out the old texture and put a slight orange peel over it. I...
  7. Ingeborgdot

Protecting new tile floor?

What do people recommend when moving a big and heavy new fridge across a 2 week old tile floor? What do people usually put down to cover it and prevent any scratching etc? Just curious what people do? Thanks.
  8. Ingeborgdot

Water line to fridge questionl.

I had my plumber put in a water line to run to my fridge. No plumbers in my town use copper any more and that is good in my opinion as copper is not as good as pex. Anyway the man coming to install my fridge says that I need to run copper tubing from the shut off valve to my fridge and my...
  9. Ingeborgdot

Dark register for toe kick

We just had our kitchen remodeled. The cabinets we put in had to go over an existing floor register so we had to have our toe kick cut out to open up the vent. The hole cut is a 2x14 hole. Our cabinets our a dark deep color and we need a toe kick register to fit that opening. The problem is...
  10. Ingeborgdot

Cover to hide wire?

We recently just put in new cupboards and put puck lighting underneath. The wire is not something I could not live with but there has to be something out there that can cover it and make it a little more attractive. Does anyone know of anything that would work?
  11. Ingeborgdot

Air tight trim for recess lights

Moderator, I hope this is the right thread. I just put in remodel cans in the living room and need some advice. I asked the man for ICAT and he gave me a box. In my stupidity I did not pay attention and installed them. Then I had my ceiling redone and it sure looks great. I am noticing...
  12. Ingeborgdot

Electrician screwed up, what can I do?

I had new cabinets put in and the electrician came and put in under cabinet puck lighting that had transformers in the cabinet. The wiring is all behind the wall except for the wire running to the pucks. My problem is that the electrician wired 4 20 watt lights to a 12531BK 60 watt...
  13. Ingeborgdot

What to put on the window ledge??

I got a new window a while back. I am going to put sheetrock around the interior. The question I have about this is what do I put for the base or ledge of the window. Some carpenter told me to put 1/2 or 3/4 " plywood instead of sheetrock and texture it like the rest with corner bead and...
  14. Ingeborgdot

Subfloor thickness

I am having to replace my top subfloor because it was too much work to prep it for tile as the three layers of linoleum that the previous owners had left was just too much to handle. Anyway when I got to the first layer of subfloor it is 1/2". What would you recommend putting on top of that to...
  15. Ingeborgdot

Has anyone ever used the speedi-boot vent system?

Have you used the speedi-boot vent system. If so, how will it work with a 1 1/2" thick floor?
  16. Ingeborgdot

Flooring

Is it any better to put down two layers of 3/4" plywood or is it better to put down one sheet of 1 1/2". I have to have it that thick to match the floor height of the other room?
  17. Ingeborgdot

Tile first or cupboards first???

We are remodeling and I was wondering what everyone thinks the proper order should be when installing a tile floor and new cupboards. We will be gutting the kitchen and taking up our wood floor to put in tile. Under the tile I will have electric radiant heat and ditra. Should I have all the...
  18. Ingeborgdot

Radiant floor heat question.

I am just getting started on a project and one of the things we are deciding on is radiant floor heat. In the kitchen for sure we are going with tile and are going to put radiant heat under it. In the adjoined dining/sitting-tv room we don't know for sure if we are going carpet or tile. If we...
  19. Ingeborgdot

Need a good quality sink.

I am looking for an undermount, 16 gauge, stainless steel, single bowl, zero radius kitchen sink between 28-32". I would like it to be under 1000 bucks. Anyone have any suggestions? I have looked and found but am unaware of the quality of some. Please help. Thanks.
  20. Ingeborgdot

Best undercabinet lighting

Could someone steer me in the right direction to some good under cabinet puck lighting. Probably want Xenon or LED and not halogen because of heat. Where can I find it? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks