Search results

1. H

Propane line from tank to house?

Which materials would be, and I can request to purchase or possible ask a plumber to get them for me.
  2. H

Propane line from tank to house?

I have a question about a propane line from the tank to the house? In our current house, I ran a 3/4 inch copper line. I'm wondering if there is a different material that can be used and/or what is recommended.
  3. H

electrical supply proximity to propane line?

I'm mainly curious if there are any restrictions with regards to proximity at the location were the utilities enter the house.
  4. H

electrical supply proximity to propane line?

I'm curious how far away an electrical supply line to a house needs to be from a propane line. I will be checking with my electrician, but I'm doing some planning right now and am curious what my options are going to be.
  5. H

Secondary (supply) line question

thanks for the help
  6. H

subpanel

I think just for future considerations, I'll go ahead and put in a sub-panel. That way if there's remodeling and we convert it over to bedrooms, I'll already have a sub-panel there to add to. I'm figuring a 60amp sub-panel should be fine.
  7. H

subpanel

Attached. The garage is attached.
  8. H

subpanel

As a follow-up to my original question, I'm thinking that the sub-panel should be sized for 40amps with a 8/3 feeder from the main breaker box. The circuits from the sub-panel would be 20amp circuits using 12/2. Does that seem right? What size of conduit for under the slab does the 8/3...
  9. H

subpanel

I'm building a concrete house and in the garage, I'm hoping to provide for a future when that might be converted to a couple of bedrooms. I'm already putting a small bathroom with shower in it. For electrical, I was thinking about putting a subpanel in there, and then homing one or more...
  10. H

I'll probably pull the wire through the line at sections at a time, so I'm not real worried about pulling the wire through the length of it. I'll pull it through a section, and then into the next; and then go back and glue the first two sections; pull through the third and into the fourth; and...
  11. H

Alectrician, When you say 360 (or 270) do you mean that the total degree curve for the entire line can be no more than that, or do you mean that any turns in the line cannot exceed that? I just want to make sure I fully understand. I still plan to talk to the engineer again, but I think I...
  12. H

I can make reasonable long sweeping turns. There's nothing needed that are drastic turns. There's certainly nothing more than a 20 degree. Most are likely to be much smaller and gradual, and I can probably even avoid the 20s.
  13. H

I have a question about running a supply line from the electric pole to the house I'm building. (www.freewebs.com/stocktonunderground). Because the site has a few obstables (good trees, a slab, etc) I'm trying to avoid cutting down one of our best trees to get electricity to the house, and I'm...
  14. H

Slope: Not enough

thanks for the quick response.
  15. H

Slope: Not enough

I'm building a house and the concrete footings are already in. I'm looking to put a toilet and sink in one area that I have no opening in the footing (at the right height) to allow the drain through to the other side of the footing where the rest of the household plumbing will be. The opening...
  16. H

PEX for propane?

what's this plastic pipe you're referring to? If I knew what it was called, I could hunt for it locally.
  17. H

PEX for propane?

I'm sort of answering my own question. I swear that I thought I'd see a PEX that was rated for gas, but I was just told by someone that PEX is only for water. If this is true, then I'll have to use copper for my propane line. THis will be an issue, but I guess I can make it work. I'm...
  18. H

PEX for propane?

I'm pretty sure I'd seen a PEX rated for propane or natural gas in the past. I'm building a house and am needing to run a propane line, which will be buried from inside the house, through a footing and then out across the ground (in a trench) to a propane tank. Because of the way I will have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks