Search results

1. tilelayher

Why do sink traps leak?

I find and plumbers tell me that 1 1/4" traps always leak or its a roll of the dice. Any tricks? Sometimes I replace em and they are fine other times they leak at the unions and I have to use teflon tape on the threads. Why? Is it because its made in China crap?
  2. tilelayher

questions about installing vessel sink

I prefer phenoseal you can get it white to match the sink. Put some under it set it and connect your drain check to make sure the sinks where you want it and then put a beat around the outside of your sink
  3. tilelayher

How to pour a lead plumbing joint.

I live outside Philly, lead joints are still done all the time in the city. They can't use PVC or copper down the city. People will come in and steal the pipes.
  4. tilelayher

How to pour a lead plumbing joint.

I know I am bumping, I am looking to buy a running rope. I have been pouring alot of lead joints lately, on this site whats the difference between the 2 ropes that they are selling? http://www.plumbsource.net/product/4576/Lead-Joint-Runner.html
  5. tilelayher

How to separate PVC pipes

Isn't 2" code for a stall shower? 1 1/2" for tubs only. Hense its a 2" pipe.
  6. tilelayher

Basement Rough In (with drawings)!!

In post # 5 I see a washer drain and sink on 2" I didn't know you could put both fixtures on 1 line. Thats ok?
  7. tilelayher

drain ?'s - proper use combos, etc

Not trying to hijack this thread, but in reference to the toilet hackery in the second photo, How do you make that right if you want a 90 there instead of a combo tee or santee but you still want the cleanout just in case at the end of the run?
  8. tilelayher

plumber not using purple primer

wow! Tell me how you really feel!
  9. tilelayher

Is this kosher?

Anyways can we all stop acting like prema donnas and just check my bad drawing out?
  10. tilelayher

Is this kosher?

wow! this site ain't like the Jonbridge forum at all. Sorry if I don't have better software to draw up a picture. Gary, you must live under a rock. My Tiling skills are terrible too!
  11. tilelayher

Can vent dip down a small amount?

call a roofer my friends a roofer he installs vents all the time.
  12. tilelayher

Can you really vent this way?

Peter, Why is that a bad idea to vent the Toilet?
  13. tilelayher

Is this kosher?

I am helping a friend who bought a house with the plumbing. I love to plumb when I don't set tile and have gotten pretty good. Is it kosher to install a 4" pvc soil adapter into a cast hub pack it with oakum and then pour a lead joint and pack that? Well I did and its rock solid. Also when...
  14. tilelayher

plumber not using purple primer

Speaking of primer, how do I apply it so I keep the job neat? I always get purple all over the place. Whats the trick to a neat job I am anal but purple primer is pretty much acetone and thin and I just make a freaking mess. Any tips?
  15. tilelayher

2 questions

ok, thanks so this is the only way to fix, or can i cat out at a straight length and attach a fernco and convert to pvc? Or is that a half assed way to do it.
  16. tilelayher

Shower Mortor Bed

Any luck with this project? I am 20 minutes from Philly if you want it done right. Yo Richie!
  17. tilelayher

Tub drain

Probably better off with a whole new waste and overflow. I put one in today, I'm not a plumber so it is possible but I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner at all.
  18. tilelayher

Slippery tile floor in shower

Tile for shower floors is usually a mosaic type 2x2 or 4x4 hand set (meaning the 2x2 is on a mesh sheet and the larger isn't). All tile for shower floors should be a matte finish this makes it less slippery and suitable for the wet environment. Sounds like you may have a glossy tile in your...
  19. tilelayher

2 questions

I don't need 10 ft, can I get a ft from a supply house then sweat it back into that old elbow and put the brass closet flange back and give it room for my mud and tile? Or can I use a copper flange instead? I can't imagine what the cost of the pipe is. And is this my only option as far as the...
  20. tilelayher

2 questions

OK, first off happy new year. I put a tub in for a friend today and installed an american standard mixer valve soldered everything in and wanted to test it out. Well I tuned it on and nothing worked made sure that the water was on. But he doesn't have a hot water line setup through the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks