Search results

1. tlarson

Recirc check valve

I'm replacing a 15 year old pump in a hot water recirculation system. The current system does not have a check valve between the pump and water heater (The pump discharges into a tee at the water heater drain connection). I'm looking for 1/2" brass, preferably sweat. Can someone recommend a...
  2. tlarson

Flow restrictor

We share our well with a neighbor at our mountain cabin. He lives there year around, while our place is used only on occasional weekends. The line to his house has broken several times (underground) and when it does it causes the well to run continuously, sometimes for days, as he travels...
  3. tlarson

Pump house insulation

I have a 12' X 12' pump house with an roof that has a 10/12 pitch. The roof starts at 8' high so there is a lot of head room. When it's been insulated in the past with fiberglass insulation the mice nest in the insulation and make a terrible mess. Any suggestions on what insulation that I...
  4. tlarson

Slow kitchen drain

Ok, this is a weird one, and not very important. I've just never seen it before. I just built a new house and the kitchen sink drain works perfectly when I run cold water into it. But when I run hot water, it backs up just a bit. Not enough to fill the sink, but enough to fill the...
  5. tlarson

PEX and heat tape

I just built a new house and have some (small amount) of Wirsbo in an unheated crawl space. I installed the rest of the plumbing on interior walls and in heated ceilings. Is there a heat tape product that is safe to install on Wirsbo or other PEX products? I'd like to put heat tape on and...
  6. tlarson

Recessed lights burning out

My daylite basement has nine Juno 6" cans on one three way circuit. I have never been able to get decent life from any type of lamp that I've used. Both standard lamps and Halogens burn out after only very short usage. They are IC rated cans, but there is no insulation in the joist space...
  7. tlarson

Sink caulking/sealing

What is the very best material for caulking/sealing traditional self-rimming china and cast iron sinks? I just plumbed a new house and will be installing two lavs and one kitchen sink, all on top of laminate countertops. Also, should they be caulked in the fillet between the sink/countertop in...
  8. tlarson

Vents

General question about venting: Can I use a san tee on it's back to vent a shower or toilet as long as it's sized correctly and all other requirements are met (trap arm length, max amount of bend, etc)?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks